Subnautica Performance and Framerates - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Performance and Framerates - Subnautica

Moviemakers go on and on about how hard their jobs are, don’t they? Call me insane, but I figure that if your entertainment media can be re-shot over and over...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    Bump to open comment thread. If you've got questions about what I've written, the best place to grab me is on Twitter. I will respond faster there!

Also, inb4 someone catches my first spelling mistake...
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Interesting read. Does this happen to be the reason why you are asking in a previous post that we take part in the unseen backend feedback thingy majig?

If so then yes, I think it would be a good idea to implement it, if not then chalk this as another moment of me talking out of me bum.

Cheers.
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Nice writing Hugh. Usually I hate reading longer texts on the web, but you have found a great balance between being humorous, informative and understandable which makes it a delight to read your posts.

I'm also very 'performance' minded so it is great to see you guys are taking this very serious!
    In my work I also do a lot of C# programming for Unity, and I'd love to see some more details about performance tricks/solutions you guys come up with to reduce hitches or decrease frametimes.