Create, Share, and Watch Other People's Tours...

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

I got a little bored so I decided to start making my own personal tours while playing.
So how do you make a tour?

Well first, when you spawn in the sub, or even underwater (up to you to decide on when you wish to start creating your tour) press "ESC" so you can use your mouse pointer. Then Press "F1" which should open a panel on your right hand side of your screen. Look for "Photo Tour", and select it. You will see a couple of buttons along with a few tour files already for you to watch.

Now to start recording your own tour, just click on record, press F1, and click on back to the game.

Now your tour is recording.... when you are done just press ESC, press F1, and select stop recording. It's that easy to do, and the files are very small.
Now where are your Tour files?

They can be found here: "Steam\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNUnmanagedData\phototours" directory, and they will have the extension .tour

You can share them with whoever has the game, all they need to do it copy your .tour file into the directory above, start their game, press F1, and select the Photo Tour button, and play the tour which was recorded.

It's that easy.

@Devs: It would be nice if you could eventually add in a Play a Photo Tour button on the Main Menu, and also add a Record Your Tour, and have an option when opening "F8" to share via a database as well so we can share what we have done.

Here is a sample tour I recorded. I was looking for some caves to explore.

Extract the .rar file into your "Steam\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNUnmanagedData\phototours" folder, start the game, and you will see a tour file by the name of "Mycroft's Cave Search.tour". Select it, and watch me hunt for caves.

Comments