Today in Subnautica: I climbed a mountain!

sickboysickboy Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20804Members, Constellation
So I was exploring some decently far distances, seeing what kind of weird and awesome stuff that I could see, and I came across an island.

I seamothed around a bit, finding some huge cavernous areas underneath. Eventually I decided to see if I could climb onto the island. I lucked out with a little beach alcove that I could scale, and continued on my merry way, flippers and tank still securely attached, to scale the two peaks.

Here I am at Alpha peak, some sand in a box to mark the occasion.
OkBP5Pp.png

Beta peak was just as glorious of a climb, though invisible horseshoe crabs ate anything I placed (some good boxed sand and my knife were lost in the battle...), but the challenge was still a fun one.
tcGXadj.png

There was a pool in the middle of the island, so I decided this was as good a place as any to take my last breath. I jumped in, speed-descended 400+ meters, and hit the bottom of what appears to be a blown volcano.
weo7Dk9.png

With my final moments at hand, I looked up, genuinely happy that I accomplished something today.
V3vA3NB.png

Then I went back to glitching out the world with my persistent fiddling of knobs and buttons that I shouldn't.
HzbFVtt.png

Comments