[Bug Report] Can't pull pin on grenade while mid-air.

d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited November 2014 in Technical Support
Marines can't pull the pin on grenades reliably in mid-air. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It usually works if attempting to pull the pin directly after switching to the grenade from another weapon.

It affects both jetpackers and marines that have jumped.

Edit: It seems that it has something to do with the "mid-air holding grenade"-animation. If you hold mouse1 while mid-air and keep holding it while you land, it will still be doing the same animation.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for the report!
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Thanks for the report!

No problem! Is this the correct place to report bugs, by the way?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • weekweek Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200706Members
    Was this decided to be intended or am I the only one still suffering from this?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    My current issue with this at the moment when you die, even though you pulled the pin and threw the grenade moments before you die, it still doesn't register which can be extremely frustrating.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    My current issue with this at the moment when you die, even though you pulled the pin and threw the grenade moments before you die, it still doesn't register which can be extremely frustrating.

I think that it is a latency issue. Same as when a skulk jumps in your face, you hear one bite and die.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    Possibly, I do play on US servers despite being based in UK, doesn't explain how I got so rubbish though :P

Anyways think this was fixed, time to put this one 6 feet under
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    devel wrote: »

I think that it is a latency issue. Same as when a skulk jumps in your face, you hear one bite and die.
    The grenade doesn't actually become "live" until you throw it. Until then it's only an animation really. (Which is the reason you can switch to another weapon even after pulling the pin. Don't try that with a real grenade folks! :-P) If the grenade has been thrown then yeah, it might be that you were already dead according to the server.
    Anyways think this was fixed, time to put this one 6 feet under

But yeah, as of build 272 this seems to be fixed. Good job CDT! :-D
    The thing is though when I die I complete the animation and you still don't get no explosion it's very hit and miss, it's either lag or something more sinister
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    That's because you still have to create the projectile after the animation finishes
    Is this a gameplay mechanic because it doesn't "feel" like it should happen :P