Editing SubNautica for Better FPS, and Keep Your Graphics Sharp!

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
The video says it all...

Hope this helps.

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Hehe thanks for posting this! Yeah in a later release we'll make this more clear that you can tweak these settings.
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Btw what CPU/GPU are you playing on?
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited November 2014
    SteveRock wrote: »
    Btw what CPU/GPU are you playing on?

CPU = AMD Phenom II Quad Core, 3ghz
    GPU = ATI 5670HD

• MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    SteveRock wrote: »
    Hehe thanks for posting this! Yeah in a later release we'll make this more clear that you can tweak these settings.

Cool.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    Looks like you're still not running in Experimental graphics mode though... Blasphemy!
    vBAnxuU.jpg
    edited November 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Looks like you're still not running in Experimental graphics mode though... Blasphemy!
    vBAnxuU.jpg

I don't understand your post.

-- EDIT --

I understand now... LOL.

What are the benefits of the experimental?
    edited November 2014
    Here is Video two I thought I would share with you.

This video shows a little about how to squeeze out that extra eye candy on low end cards. My video card is a ATI 5670HD (very low end), and yet I can still squeeze a bit more out of the game.

Make sure you start the game with Minimal settings.

The unfortunate side to this is the settings are not saved which means you have to do it every time you play the game unless there is a console command that will do that.

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    For some reason, experimental runs better for me than any other setting. Who woulda thunk. (still can't find any quartz though.)
    moultano wrote: »
    For some reason, experimental runs better for me than any other setting. Who woulda thunk. (still can't find any quartz though.)

I just recently tried the experimental. It is better than the recommended option, but it still provides a few heavy fps hits here, and there, and does kill the mood of the game (for me at least).

Thanks!

• GriswoldaGriswolda Austria Join Date: 2014-11-02 Member: 199340Members
    edited November 2014
    ...(still can't find any quartz though.)

If it's a graphical problem then I can't help you, sorry. But if it's a "don't know what to look after" problem then look here:
    uc?id=0B0bv1cnc8sQ3QVpWUk9KVFJodGs
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Whats the diff with experimental and the rest?
    I only run experimental. :D
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Only experimental looks glorious.

Basically, it's where the latest and greatest improvements go before anyone has really tested how they perform in the wild. This means thing will look really awesome but on occasion things might go horribly horribly wrong and you may get weirdness, slowdowns, or unanticipated behavior.

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Aha mere details.. I shall keep it on experimental then. :D
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Griswolda wrote: »
    ...(still can't find any quartz though.)

If it's a graphical problem then I can't help you, sorry. But if it's a "don't know what to look after" problem then look here:
    uc?id=0B0bv1cnc8sQ3QVpWUk9KVFJodGs

Weird, I have literally never seen that.