Console Command for Saving Your Game?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

Just wondering since there is no menu option to save your game is there one that can be typed into the console?

Cheers.

Comments

• SeaMichelleSeaMichelle Canada Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199228Members
    There might not be a save feature at all yet. Just the beginnings of one.
  • echsechs Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11568Members, Constellation
    I wondered if this was possible too?
  • DohmanDohman Denmark Join Date: 2014-05-06 Member: 195839Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, right now there's not much point in a save function anyway, you gain every item in very little time anyway, after that, there's no progression, only exploration.
    If you just want to skip the progression, there's commands to spawn everything separately, and there's also codes like madloot, I don't know exactly what it spawns, but that might be a possible code to get everything right away.

There's also a teleport like command, though I'm not sure how it works.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    edited November 2014
    Currently there is no save /load. We are in the middle of figuring out priorities of the large remaining tasks moving forward from our first public playable build, and that feature is one of the big ones that we will be discussing to see where in the production schedule it should be.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the replies...

Just a little worried as to when the save feature will be added. The reason why I am worrying is that there are developers who refuse to admit that one of the most critical components of any crafting, and survival game is the save game feature.

Take a game called "The Forest". Great game but it shipped without a save feature, and I tell you that made allot of people very angry, and a few people walked away from purchasing it (including myself). Even that game had very little to do, but that should not be used as an excuse, which in this case harmed their game, their bottom line, and a few people I know in the gaming community flat out refuse to buy it until it is done because they do not trust someone who refuses to put the extra work into their project.

All I am saying is, don't hold off too long with adding in that feature otherwise it may end up being that straw that breaks this particular camels back.

Final: This is only my personal opinion, and I do not speak for anyone but myself in this matter.

Cheers, and take care.
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    @MycroftCanadaNS‌

Yeah save game is high on the list of stuff to do.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    SteveRock wrote: »
    @MycroftCanadaNS‌

Yeah save game is high on the list of stuff to do.

Thank You.