Error: Script Error: Setting the parent of an entity (SoundEffect) to an entity that has been destr

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
edited October 2014 in Modding
Upon inspecting logs after server crash, this is a constant error on the bottum of the line that comes in many variants with the same line. It ranges from pistol, rifle, shotgun, to marine, jetpack marine.

Error: Script Error: Setting the parent of an entity (SoundEffect) to an entity that has been destroyed (Marine)

sounds like the marine dies when the thing tries to attach to it. cant it just be something as getisalive before setting to the parent? well then again its an entity its trying to be set to so that may different but still im guessing it'd be in the same relation. just like trying to figure out how to destroy an entity and bring it back, and trying to figure out why entities dont always reset correclty when having alot.. such as not being able to cyst because it thinks theres still alot of entities in radius.

Comments

• ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    a) The siege mods abysmal performance is not helping avoid these. [-(

b) We're investigating them. Since yesterday, we're running code that will tell the devs what exactly is happening the next time it occurs. :ar!
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    ATF wrote: »
    a) The siege mods abysmal performance is not helping avoid these. [-(

Wooza came to me about making a siege server. It was only intended to be put on the TA server. If I were able to make the mod private and only for the one server, I would. But that's not how steam workshop works with mods. The mods must be open to the public and open source.

If you want to sit here and look at the bright side at their being a siege, or be one of those onlookers like the many others criticizing it without actually doing anything about it (although you're "Investigating them"), then i'm out of this thread. I'm only here being that mendasp recommended asking the modding forum, and i'm out of town for the week so i cannot experiment anything with lua.