Best beacon rush in history...

2»

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    Roobubba wrote: »
    OMG look all the servers are VV for me! I must be amazing!

So you know the skill system isn't working, right? And that red downwards double arrow means absolutely nothing at all, right?

When I first read this topic, I'm afraid all I could think of was 'LOL.' Yeah it must have been frustrating, but if you can't see the funny side of that first post, you need to take a break from the game.

Now if it had happened in an official match, then yeah, I could understand the annoyance and frustration (and without doubt it is something that does need to be fixed regardless).

It can't happen with the comp mod as that adds a delay to the phasegate between phasing each player ;)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Now if it had happened in an official match, then yeah, I could understand the annoyance and frustration (and without doubt it is something that does need to be fixed regardless).

In all fairness, the 2 prominent PG bugs (phasing to same room, marines all getting stuck in PG) popped up in recent memory (i forget which patch, maybe reinforced?), and have been untouched since then.

Repro steps have been given to the best of the players knowledge (more or less along the lines of; wait for mid/late game and have everyone try to phase somewhere at once).

And what difference should it matter if the match is 'official' or not? Like he said, if you lose a 2-hour stalemate due to this bug, you're gonna get pissed. Everyone will. I know I have!

Too many bugs that get reported are either outright denied, challenged ("we need footage @60fps", "now I've seen the footage, theres not enough information to draw conclusions from"), or swept under the rug ("theres no hitreg problem" times infinitum). And then someone else says something different.
    People are gonna get antsy, and quite rightly.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    oh yeah meatmachine i totally forgot about the SAME ROOM glitch, u waste a good 5 seconds for the same room to render and u realize you went nowhere while crucial things are happening on the other side that could be easily prevented.

the leinght of the game was personal example even if its 13 minutes in, 42 minutes in, 281 minutes in the game....it is gamebreaking since you simply dont have time killing yourself (and maby 5 other people stuck), trying to respawn, use the glitch gate 2-3 times in hope it works, then recycle it, rebuild a new gate in its exact place, then continue what u was supposed to do 2 minutes ago before that shit went down :P

The long balanced back and forward games are the best imo, if there would be a game of very balanced battle longer than 7 hours i would play it as if my life was on stake! :D