NSL Season 4 Wrap Up

ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
Quickly off the heels of the NS2 World Championships, there was a renewed enthusiasm for competitive play that hadn't been seen in quite a long time. With numbers not seen since Season 1, we saw 49 teams register for Season 4. Participation soared to new heights as players shaped the league with their input into seedings and the divisional break ups, the overhaul of the rules, the revamping of the website that had languished for almost a decade, and the addition of the Competitive Mod. One of the best mods that made the experience of the player more enjoyable, NS2+ was also allowed for the very first time.

This season saw many changes and may arguably have been the most successful season the NSL has ever had...

Click here to read the rest.

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi @Zefram‌ very very cool. I am only catching up on the season's casts now. I have been able to catch some games going to the usual suspect's twitch stream. Is there any chance to ask the various streamers to collate their efforcts in format that would make getting the games I want to watch easily? I am thinking, have the game schedule and the person that cast it (with a link to the twitch archive or youtube or what ever). I am especially interested in the lower division (2/3/4), as they some times do the crazy strats. I love the premier division too (but they are brutal in punishing mistakes, and I do like to see come backs).

Cheers
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited July 2014
    @Cannon_Fodder, not sure to understand what you meant, you are looking for replays?

By the way @Decoy, Feather told me you'll be up again as secondary com in her team, good luck for Season 5. We still have to take a revenge against Scurvy even if our/your teams won't be the same.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @Pelargir I'll be backup commanding if they need me, likely only for a few scrims, and I don't even know how long that will last. I don't have the time to play competitive anymore with school, work, and PT stuff.

It wouldn't really be revenge against scurvy anyway with only me and then only as backup. Maybe we'll have a Scurvy reunion one of these days and challenge you!
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Axe Kill. That is all that counts here. @Decoy
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »
    @Cannon_Fodder, not sure to understand what you meant, you are looking for replays?

By the way @Decoy, Feather told me you'll be up again as secondary com in her team, good luck for Season 5. We still have to take a revenge against Scurvy even if our/your teams won't be the same.

@Pelargir‌. Yes, i am looking for replays, and have found them in the stickied general thread about NSL streamers. Though it would be really helpful if there was a match schedule of who played who with a link to the caster's twitch archive or youtube channel for that game (or round as some of them are split in the 4 rounds). That way, I can check out the games I want to watch or follow a team through the season without having to trawl through all the streams.

eg.
    Round 1
    Team A vs Team B - R1 Some link
    R2 Some link...

OR
    Round 1
    Team A vs Team B - some link

Some games may not have been cast, thats ok, have no link.
    Maybe that is already there in the NSL forums (I haven't checked, but will)