Bandaid MOD - Experiences, Bugs and feature requests

DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2014 in Modding
Post your gameplay experiences, bugs and feature requests for Bandaid MOD in this thread.

changelist + more about the mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=273379772&searchtext=

We rather not pollute this thread with balance debates. If you'd like to debate the choices made in the mod you can do so here, and we'll be happy to debate them with you:
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135024/bandaid-mod-it-s-the-natural-solution-too#latest

Comments

• twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2014
    Quoting my personal feedback from earlier.
    I do like the name "Casual NS2" better.

The minimum marine movement speed after chain jumping feels rather too punishing.

Skulks could benefit from a "(floor) hopping" speed boost mechanism rather than a flat speed increase. This would encourage new aliens to start jumping and naturally transition to wall jumping learning later (they may even discover it on their own!). The Skulk HP change could be undone.

Slightly reduced gravity (and jump acceleration) might be worth a try (I suggest around -18 gravity). It would make players feel more "floaty" and the jump animations look less abrupt (easier to track) and unnatural. (Look in Mixins\JumpMoveMixin.lua and Player.lua)

Additionally, I wonder if Rifle melee attack damage could be changed back to 25 or 30 (but you need to use half value because an animation bug causes the attack to strike twice), to make it worthwhile using, particularly for casual players.

I'm not a fan of the Skulk HP nerf though. Was it really warranted in your experience?

If skillful (ie wall jumping) Skulks are too powerful against average marines, you could slightly reduce the Skulks' early game advantage by reducing wall jumping speed cap (by about 1), which shouldn't affect Celerity Skulk much, if at all.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Additionally, I wonder if Rifle melee attack damage could be changed back to 25 or 30 (but you need to use half value because an animation bug causes the attack to strike twice), to make it worthwhile using, particularly for casual players.

Unused mechanic, cheap to fix. Sounds like a plan.
    I'm not a fan of the Skulk HP nerf though. Was it really warranted in your experience?

We'll have to play more games to say for sure. It's mainly intended to reinforce the ambush mechanic early game and offset the benefits faster skulks. We'll keep the jumping speed cap in mind if things don't work out.