Thank you.

blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
Oh well, where to start and how to put it in words. Prepare for some wall of text, at least for the ones who want to read it.

In short: It is time for me to let go. No, this is no ragequit. I love the game. I love the community. I love playing matches in a team as well on public servers, I love casting matches, I love organizing stuff for the NSL or outside of it.

But it turned out more than ever that I can't find sufficient time to fulfill all these tasks anymore in my life. Time changes as do priorities and since my start of heavy committal to NS in 2009, I spent a 5-digit amount of hours for this game.

If I go on a quick check, I see 482 NS related videos on my youtube channel (which is only a small part of all games I casted), steam tells me I played about 1,800 hours NS2 and my gut tells me there was plenty more on playing NS1, plus everything that went into ensl.org and the community. Oh boy, in retrospect one might think how much time wasted. But for me it never was a waste of time, I will always think back to it as good times. I have met so many amazing people through this game, friends and even my "special person" where for obvious reasons I won't go into detail ;>

I thought for a longer time doing this and first I didn't want to put up a forum post like many others have done before me, but in the end the desire to shout out a good-bye somehow won :)

So what is left for me is my eternal gratitude for this community, which I think is one of the best gaming communities possibly out there. Maybe because it's so small, maybe because the game concept attracts different kind of players, maybe because it's universe's random choice (or God's, depending on what you believe), I don't know. But I do know that I will miss you guys, especially everyone around the smaller competitive scene (players, viewers, casters, organizers, referees, ...) which seemed almost like a family. Heck, I won't disappear completely, given the time I might jump in a NS2 pub game, but my time heavy dedication in the competitive scene does end. Unfortunetaly, I played in several finals but never won an event with a team - guess I sucked too hard, sorry for the teams I played in at those matches :P

At the end I want to give away some shout-outs. If you don't find yourself here, it is 99% because I write this post in affect, forgetting half the things I want to say, dunbemad ;>

- Charlie
Without you there would be no NS, no NS2, and nothing of this would have ever happened. How can I thank you accordingly for that? I can't. You are amazing. Best luck with Subnautica and Unknown Worlds - you deserve it.

- jiriki
The godfather of NS(1), competitively speaking, of course. You took me in Tuxedo Men, my very first NS team to play with. And people will always underestimate the amount of time and money you have spent for this community. Stay classy, man. For all the nibz who don't know: he is still working on ENSL in the background and hosting servers for you even when he doesn't play NS2.

- b1
<3 bro 4 life - we will meet again, this time drinking without a camera ;)

- Flaterectomy
I think if I ever had a fanboy, it must have been you :P Thanks for all the artwork you made for me and everything else

- RedDog
Although it is hard for me to admit (I guess one can imagine why) you were the best caster NS2 ever has had. Casting with you all these matches were pure gold, organizing the NS2WC and being there with you unforgettable. I wish you all the best with your newly founded family :)

- Fana
So many people hated you for your honesty, but you were definitely one of the smarter persons in NS. Much respect and good luck with your job - I think you'll do great on it ;>

- Wasabi
I still can't grasp what you all did for this community and you are throughout a cheerish, supporting and awesome person. I hope for this community that you will stick around for long, otherwise they would suddenly miss something very hard before even realizing what you do for them.

- Hugh
Oh boy, we had our differences. You really could heat me up like no other, but in the end I have to thank you for all the good you did. And you did fucking great as host on NS2WC. I hope you can help out UWE again on Subnautica as you did for NS. Since SN will probably never have a competitive community I think you won't have any more problems by now ;>

- Peacham
My legendary commander! You are fucking epic when being drunk :>

- Tane
The mastermind of NS. People will always just see the frag, never the thinking behind the scene. Maybe you will find one day a popular game which requires your unique skills since you'd surely deserve better recognition as a professional gamer. When I compare what people praise SC2 nibz for strategy who could never grasp your understanding of metagaming, I really hope that game will come for you. Thanks for breaking up Archaea and joining Saunamen for me :)

- Sonder
My first commander in NS I played for in Tuxedo Men. I loved you man, playing NS with you and also being your SC2 Beta practice partner :) I really did miss you in NS2. If you still play SC2 professionally, I really hope you will finally win a tournement - you have all talent you need for it, just missing the piece of luck until now.

- dugi
My first favorite spaniard. Most epic rages of one of the nicest guys out there. There is a silly saying "rough on the outside, soft on the inside", but man, you *are* that. Thanks for joining my last team in NS1.

- Mendasp
My second favorite spaniard. You are the best entertainer I could ask for, fucking hilarious is an understatement par excellence. Thanks for all the joy, laughs and of course your incredible dedication to this community. Competitive community in NS2 without Mendasp? Hell, that's like NS1 without jiriki. We all can't thank you enough. Especially UWE who often underestimated your work.

- Danny
All time nicest guy in NS 1&2. It is the universe's joke of that "incident" that happened ;> Never play gayliens, bro. Trollololol.

- Toby
When you left, it was one of the dark days in NS2. I really missed you, maaaaan. Marine #1 didn't go well without you. Also, thanks your hard work on ENSL which people will never realize - don't worry I keep my promise :>

- frG
You were throughout unbelievable. Best troll I have ever met, srsly (holy fuck do you remember that SC2 stream, forgot the name of who you called - LOL) Was fucking epic to play with you. And also work with you on scvready - that thing could easily have been a great success if we would have sticked to it, mostly because of your great organisational skills. I think you *have* talent you don't even realize yet while many just *think* they have it.

- <BAD> Clan
For all who remember the last years of NS1. This shout out goes to all "touched" by this clan's history. That includes you of course, schu ;) People never understood why an euro was head admin of an american community, so all the "murican" haters in ENSL should take that as example - americans never judged me for being euro, it's you who oppose "other" influence. Give Zef a chance, he is doing an amazing job. And we won't steal you the NSL - it was swalk and me transforming it international, not him.

- Zefram
One of the best admins (E)NSL ever had. I could pretty much relax in inactivity while trusting that he handled all the work. Zef, people will always complain on you and almost never thank you for your wok. I really hope you keep it up - without people like you there would be no competitive scene

- Swalk
You picked up NS2 while all the NS1 vets were still ranting about the game, including me. You are a visionare and the first seasons seem unthinkable without your dedication and work.

- ray
Damn, I already gave Danny the title which you also deserve. Maybe I just call you nicest guy of NS2 and him of NS1 :) You are awesome! And hey, thanks for waking me up in Telford, would have missed my flight without you :P

- Herakles
Thanks for all the drinks and chunk food! Holy shit, you even bought cheesburgers for ALL PEOPLE AT NS2WC! You are the man! "ez" ;>

- Vindaloo & onFire
Thanks for having me as commander in my last team in NS competitive history. Was really fun with you, you are absolutely cool :) And your members obviously should thank you for keeping your team alive - it's hard to understand the amount of work needed when someone never did it.

- Decoy
PLZ, decoy, PLZ. God, it was so much fucking fun playing drunk with you in mumble. wanna gorge my hive? LOL

- Soleanthia
You were always so cheerish, had really fun casting with you. Was sad to see you dropping out to inactivity, but who knows? Maybe you come back. I would watch your casts again ;)

- Andy
Thousand thanks for changing NS2 into a balanced and playable game I could enjoy 100 times more. Sorry for not recognizing you when you took of your cap, somehow that picture is branded in my brain :P

- HBZ
First team I commanded (NSL Season 2). Thanks for being patient. It is really difficult to get the same "tickling" of your trained spider sense regarding the game's flow from a different perspective.

- jaivol
Damn, it's hard to say who made me more laugh. You or Mendasp. Or both in combination? I will never know. You are fucking great. I wish you best luck man! And the next NS2WC I will watch you should sit in a chair, man! No commander has ever had the micro managing abilities you have.

- Pascow & Gorge Casting Couch
Thanks for picking me up, playing with you was so refreshing and fun. Sorry I left you last Season, but I *had* to command again somehow, couldn't help it. I will keep your SG rush bookmarked on my laptop, that is the perfect memory of the fun we have had in so many matches :)

- Bitey
You are hilarious AND a great player. And hell, making you drunk in cologne was epic lol. Wish you all the best on your streaming, I silently watched you alot :)

- mf
Australia's greatest talent. I think I watched all your VODs. I always enjoyed watching POV from great players (that's how I started competitive playing in 2009! Thanks to HLTV and ensl.org) and yours were especially good. What do I want to tell you? Same like Tane, only different continent :) The only person in this list I hardly had any contact with. In retrospect I wonder why I never did chat with you, probably damn time zone differences. But HELL, you are good.

- King_yo
I am really glad for your success with Snails. I loved playing with you in DeGz in last NS1 Season, damn, without marko's unreal uberskills killing all lifeforms we could have easily won that. And besides ofc, it was even nicer meeting you in person. Stay as you are :)

- Liza
Suka, don't steal my SG! "Shaddap". Good memories and many laughs ;)

- dux
All-around cool person. Sad our NS1 vets team didn't work out, but holy shit, I loved your rage ahaha. Kinda like dugi :P Thanks for all the games in NS1, NS2 (obviously less) and ofc the mapping work you did for this game.

- Gerhard/mp
Thanks for you trusting in me. You let me play lerk in NS1 S14 finals although I was yet so damn unexperienced. The result was obvious :P

- zups
Crazy fin. Fuccccckckkk maaaaan. <3 pls be nice to Zefram :P

- Hopeanouli
Thanks for all the chats, man.

- ausns2
Great community. Much respect for keeping up the NS flag in your continent. Especially below a certain critical mass of players this is damn hard (remembering the last NS1 years).

- Pipo
nanananaaaanaaananananaaaaa LOL. epic laughs with you. Hilarious french troll and great fade ;>

- rantology
FUCKING EPIC artworks. God you are so talented it hurts my brains. Thanks for all the amount of work you did for this community. And my twitch wallpaper ofc :)

- leipa
srsly when you read that line, how many beers you already got? :) You are fucking hilarious man, Telford wouldn't have been the same without you. Same goes for Saunamen.

- Snails
Don't wanna miss out the other frenchies I had much fun with in Telford and in Cologne again :)

- retry
Give cassie a new pc and play again with her dude - you are a great duo, wish you all the best ;)

- Dragon
Thanks for all the work! Can't even imagine NS2 without your mods anymore :)

- Hypie
stop stacking me when I play pub next time :P but on second thought, play in my team! fun with you :)

- Pelagir
The referee of referees. Thanks for all your hard work on NSL. And I won't forget the blind nicktroll train you pulled off that one day - that was epic ;>

- Keyse
Cutest player of NS. Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyse, remember your #1 keysefan.

- phone
God when was the last time I saw you around? In any case, if you ever read this, you were epic. I always think about blitz' video of your lerk, especially your quote "he is not really recording, he is just trolling me"

- aA
Biggest and most dangerous rambo in NS ever. Holy shit, your aim. Give this man a JP/HMG and all fades die (watch jiriki's last frag video or demos of S14 semifinals for proof). Unfortunetaly you were always too impatient ;> Hope you have more success in SC2 or whatever game you went to after

- Aioros
Was really cool meeting you. Twice :) Could always talk to you about strategies, tactics and meta. And thanks for your hard work with Andy and the Balance Mod Cup, without that NS2 wouldn't be what it is.

- Bonkers
As a friend you are absolutely amazing and cool. Hope you will forgive me leaving your team one day ;>

- Nittai
Most fun commander in NS ever. Was a walk in the park! :P

- Nosku
The finnish version of aA. Rambo and cool guy. Thanks for playing with me in FLASH. Keep destroying those fades in your current team, I expect you in prem div next season ;)

- Zeikko
Long time ago there was a team everyone feared. It was named Archaea. And the person initiating that was Zeikko. Casting in early days with Hugh was Zeikko. Was great to meet you in Cologne, you did alot for NS :)

...god there are SO many more people popping in my head, every time I put up a name. But best I stop before I realize what I just do and delete that post again alltogether. Sorry for all I missed out till here, but know that I keep you in my memories.

Good times.

Thank you.

- blind

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    I'm sure you shall be missed by many... rage quitter :-p
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Fair well, good sir! Your face will surely be missed! My favorite quote of your's: "I want to kiss his brain."

Cheers!
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Sad to see you go Blind, best of luck with everything!
    - Wasabi
    I still can't grasp what you all did for this community and you are throughout a cheerish, supporting and awesome person. I hope for this community that you will stick around for long, otherwise they would suddenly miss something very hard before even realizing what you do for them.
    This x1000.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    No, thank you blind!
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    I'm really sad to see blind go. He's been around since I first came onto the NS2 scene and mentored me through some issues of the NSL and gave me a huge opportunity to organize some of the competitions. The guy's treated me well and handled things with a level head. Definitely a loss to the community. Good luck, blind. Don't be stranger and drop in on the streams.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I had a feeling this was coming, but man oh man it has been an amazing time working with you. I wish you nothing but incredible success in your personal ventures and I hope we meet again. Thank you for all of your time, knowledge and insight into NS and NS2!
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sad day for ns2, I do wish you all the best, and hope that you will come back to us one day :)
    Audentes fortuna adiuvat
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    I've only played a few competitive matches with you blind, but I have to say that there exists only a handful of people who are even remotely as nice as you. I'm very sad to see that you're leaving us, but wish you the very best for the future and want to thank you for the massive contribution you have made to this community over the years.
    roo
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited June 2014
    peace out. Hope to see you casting the (if ever) next NS2WC=) would be good.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    I'm currently on my 3rd or 4th round of "quitting NS" during the last 10+ years (not sure, lost count). If there's one thing I've learned during that time, its that as long as the game's still around, Ill be back and so will you.
    So, see you around. Also, you're off my non existent Christmas card list for mentioning everyone and their mother, but not me for whatever the hell it is I did to... help you... or something. No idea, but I should be up there damn it!.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    So sad to see you go, but so happy for what you've brought to NS2. And it's true, I've been a fanboy. :D That's because I loved your casting, though, so you're to blame. :P Who am I going to make twitch overlay graphics for now?! :'(
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    You deserve everything people already said here. I won't forget that epic troll on this public server dude, so many Blind (1), (2), etc, was so funny, neither all the work you did for NSL, NS2WC & your amazing casting, but maybe I will remember the last cast of my team match when you usually called me Pelagir (like here haha) and worse, Pelargay or something.
    Same thing when I asked you to merc for us or when, at the contrary, I merced for gCC and you in the team, really funny games with all these people. Or even the guy who joined Campfire to check out news & started with Jiriki to debate about Simba & the Lion King with all the mutli language versions of Hakuna Matata, good luck for your future Blind, that you may be happy! :)
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    In NS1 there was the HLTV and some rare live cast from very start, but Blind started something new in later stage of NS1. I remember the day when this noob called Blind came to scene and started to do these youtube videos. Before that we had only fragmovies and demos on our hard drives, but Blind started to cast old matches on youtube (still watching those, man they are great!). Those we more professional and easier to watch than anything we have had previously in NS1. You can’t overstate the work Blind did for NS in this. He created the ”esport” culture for NS. Without his ground work, we would only have players watching other players. You made the game I love to play even better with your work. You are the best caster NS has ever had.

PS. You might not win tournaments as player but at least you won me and whole Saunamen in dart! :)
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for continuing the (E)NSL head adminship! And agreed with Tane, you also deserve thanks for starting the video-casting culture in NS -- those videos are great. I get an itch to play NS1 when I watch them. Brings back memories! It was fun playing with you, in Tm and gathers too!

Good luck in The Good Life. ;)

I know you'll be back though, nobody can truly quit NS.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Always loved your insightful commentary in the matches you casted and you'll definitely be missed. I remember being excited when I heard BlindNS was transitioning over to NS2 and spending that night rewatching some of your old NS1 casts.

Best of luck to your future endeavors. :D
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Mendaps is right.. check how many came back from ns1 to ns2. :P

Good luck man. I see what you mean, real life waits for noone.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    We'll miss you! You'll be back. :)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    blind wrote: »
    ...I spent a 5-digit amount of hours for this game...

Wait, what?

IMPOSSIBRU!!!
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

Just gonna beacon you back, blind.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    <3<3<3<3 can we drink and play again soon? :D
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Thanks for all the work you've contributed to make this game and community into what it is today Blind, you'll be missed!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Man, sad to see you go Blind (that is, from the casting and more professional parts of the community).

I have watched so many of your casts and really enjoyed your in depth knowledge of the game and personality. I wish you only the best and hope to see you in a pub match some time.

Long time fan,
    Dictator
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Sad to see you go blind. But life doesn't wait for us ;)
    We had our differences from time to time, but I think that only resulted in better competetions for the community to have such different viewpoints. I always enjoyed talking/playing with you, you will be dearly missed.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2014
    Thank you blind! I remember discovering your streams sometime before NS2's release. Watching you cast beta tournaments and PCWs was the very thing that got me all excited for NS2 again, and showed me how awesome this game can be when played competitively.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    All the best Blind. I started watch casts from watching your and RedDog casting on youtube. I will never forget the first time I saw you guys cast together, and you were having a cig! while talking to Reddog. And I thought to myself, here is one caster that is real person, not some personality for the camera. Awesome job man. Will miss your casts very much. Hope to see you back in the future.
  • RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members
    Thank you blind for plenty of wonderfull seasons! Hope the best for you and your family in the future!
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    :(
    :)
    :D
    See ya around buddy.
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

My oracle skills tell me there are 3 options.
    1 you got a job.
    2 you got kids.
    3 Both...

F**k i'm too old for that s**t.

Tx