#WarStories

PuzzlePuzzle Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169345Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I decided to join on a random pub today and realized that sometimes you play this game and you have amazing stories come out of it. I was hoping that maybe there could be a sub-forum called 'War Stories', or similar, where players could discuss/vent some great/terrible moments they've had while playing this fantastic game.

Example:

"I joined a public server for a bit today, because I wanted to get some real-world Lerk practice after practicing locally against some bots. Upon joining, I noticed that the Marines had a player deficit, so I joined them reluctantly. I helped out a bit, died only once, and managed to hunt down a gorge, my favorite past-time. When I had joined, the game was about 10-11 minutes in on Biodome, and both sides had 2 well-stocked bases set up, as well as the marines holding on to Falls with sentries and a phase gate. Being that the marines were ahead, and the aliens were getting killed a lot, a few of the aliens left the game. When I died as marine, I noticed I couldn't spawn because of the auto-team-balance enabled. Realizing I wanted to Lerk, I jumped ship to the 3 player-deficit Aliens and Lerked up. I started picking off lone marines around the map, and trying to work on slowing down my actions so I can focus on good biting. As usual, my adrenaline kicked in and I kept missing bites, but I did OK. I still managed to get a few good kills in, despite many attempts to kill me, of which I successfully escaped. The marines began to push up to Atmosphere, and I ended up taking my first alien death when 2 gorges were blocking the doorway to filtration and jumping up and down as I tried to escape marine fire. My attempts to escape past the blocking gorges would prove fatal. I noticed I had enough resources to re-Lerk with the same regeneration + celerity upgrades, so I did. I got some more kills in, and again managed to escape many attempts to kill me. I would manage to stay alive until the Marines made a large push at Filtration towards Atmosphere, and I got slightly stuck on the map. My fault, not the map's. Now I spawned in Falls, which the team had managed to take while the Marines kept trying to push at the top, and failed to defend, and noticed I had enough resources to go Fade with 1 upgrade. The Fade tends to be my best Alien lifeform these days, and the marines were clogged up in base, so I felt I would need the extra health. I started racking up some more kills and got the rest of my upgrades. During all of these hard marine advances towards Atmosphere, the Alien team tried to vote concede no less than 3 times. Despite this defeatism, I pushed on and focused on taking out all of the Jetpack-clad Marines to drain their personal resources. Ultimately, the rest of the team would manage to take the Marine's starting base at Reception, and they were now down to a single base. Neither team was able to concede, and our team rallied on the notion of a single marine commander's chair remaining. Ultimately I would help swat the Marine flies. The command chair ultimately fell, and the game was ours."

I'm sure these kinds of posts have already been on the forums (if not, why the heck not????), but if they haven't, I was just curious if there would be any community support for this kind of idea and was told to post here. I know there's plenty of people who stream or upload gameplay to Youtube, but I thought in the spirit of discussion forums it would be fun and interesting to see some "war stories" get told and let people's writing chops go to use.

Thanks in advance to any consideration.

Comments