Nanite Emitter.

ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
I went over the lore of NS2, and it says the only reason why us Marines are the only Human life inside a Ghost like Facility is because the Kharra deconstructed all other human life inside the facility from a bacterial standpoint. The kharra begin as a Bacteria and then grows into a Physical form, Skulk, Gorge, FAde, Onos or Otherwise, and the ENTIRE facility is Covered in Microscopic Kharra. O.o
And the Reason why We marines LIVE through this, Is due to the Cute little Nano bot, Who combat this Bacteria while We Rines Fight as well. Its a war from big to small.

Now what I want to Suggest, is a Constructable building called the Nanite Emitter.
This building is basically the model of a Proto lab with 3 blue canisters Attached to it with hoses.

That this building does is two functions, One, it Denies any infestation from Growing in its Blue gas field, Even if a Cyst is placed Directly Next to the Blue gas the Emitter releases, No infestation will grow in that area. It basically Prevents Gorge tunnels and Power Damage from Infestation.
Two, it Reduces Alien Activity inside the Field by 10-15%. It slows Down movement, Combat rates, Energy regen and Healing rate when in the field.

For Marines in the Emitter field, It automatically Reloads weapons. No sudden Empty Clip and need to reload while dancing with Skulks! This Field Ensures that For the Remaining Ammo that you Have in your Bags, You can Shoot endlessly till you Run out.
THIS DOES NOT PROVIDE AMMO, there is an Armory for that, This allows you lay down a Wave of Suppressing fire.
To balance this, Marines in the Emitter field Have Visibility issues, Its basically like Really thick Nerve gas, 4 times thicker and with Bouts of Electricity running through it. You won't be able to See very far, but you can spray in the General direction.

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Remove the part about never having to reload and I would kinda like it. Add that it slowly regens armor and I would like it more. A boost to the invisible molecular war going on is always interesting to read :)

The trouble is... Work. Lots of work. Lots of work with many UWE devs having Subnautica to tide them over and many community modders working on improving the base game (and doing a fine job IMO).

Lastly, we might need to improve the Commander UI to help maximize this, that includes streamlining (why don't turrets work as your area denial?).

So as an Idea and Suggestion (which it is) I like it but as something that might get added I doubt it. Hope one day for NS3 I get proven wrong :P
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Thats a nice idea. I would add posibility to heal parasite. And i do support Dragon on auto reaload. Its a litle to much.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    this is actually a really interesting idea (except the no reloading thing :P). what's more, it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement as a mod. forcibly pushing back infestation would probably be the most difficult part. the effect on alien stats is probably a bit OP, movement should be the same but maybe health / energy regen are lower. i like it as a late game alternative for marines. it's basically the opposite of contaminate. i wonder if it should require power to be up...

using this to kill alien structures would be interesting. drop one in the middle of their base and decyst everything, and probably lower the hive's healing ability.
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    Alright so adding Autoloading is too much.

I was actually Debating whether or not to add in the ability to regenerate armor slowly, I thought against it when thinking about MACS, but given how macs don't really keep up with repairs and are usually for construction, Maybe it was a wrong call.

Removing parasites, I didn't think of that...

And on actually getting implemented, I really don't mind, I would love to see this as a mod or Game implement but if it never gets added, then thats fine, Its a suggestion, not all can be added obviously.
  • StackdaddyStackdaddy California, U.S.A Join Date: 2013-10-08 Member: 188640Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It could also be placed in marine base after a gorge rush in lieu of all the time it would take to weld everything up.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited June 2014
    Should passively block infestation and it's active (costs res, limited time) is slowing down the aliens (kind of like a psi disrputor in SC2)

Should not be too cheap to build, and should not be able to be placed in close range of each other,
  • StackdaddyStackdaddy California, U.S.A Join Date: 2013-10-08 Member: 188640Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Perhaps have it as an alternative upgrade option for an armory other than an advanced armory. It would make forward armories more beneficial if the marines could hold the forward location long enough to tech it up, as well as providing the aliens an opportunity to take out something that the marines invested all that time/res into. The slowing effect or the auto-reload function seems a little OP, however some of the suggestions presented in this thread are quite good and would present some new strategies (such as the AoE micro-weld effect or the forcible removal of infestation).
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    Problem with it denying infestations is that is could make whip rushes harder as this building has to go down before the whips can do anything. Maybe the gas could act as the gas grenade and drain alien armour