NS2 isn't working!? says Samusdroid

current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
edited May 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
http://www.twitch.tv/current1y/c/4172437

lol!!!!!!

He did fix the problem on his own though...it was a mod :D

On the + side thanks for the work you've done sir.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    current1y wrote: »
    ..it was a mod :D
    Isn't it always?

Wish we had a "Safe mode" you could launch to rule that out
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    No I actually had to unsub from every single mod manually even though not one single mod was downloading or subscribed
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'd love to see a mod (that would later be made official) for a decent mod interface. Perhaps one with a 'delete local files' button, 'force download/update', and the ability to sort the list by subbed/ active/ a-z.
    I have tried this...almost as many times as I tried to get menu poses working how it is now, it would require completely re-doing the mods menu to make it like the server browser, and some engine changes.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I'm sorry Samus, but goddamn that part from 0:18 from 0:35 cracked me the hell up. A damned good belly laugh. Not sure who that was but I like his style.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I have a script in my old single player mod fir unsucribing to all mods.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I'd love to see a mod (that would later be made official) for a decent mod interface. Perhaps one with a 'delete local files' button, 'force download/update', and the ability to sort the list by subbed/ active/ a-z.
    I have tried this...almost as many times as I tried to get menu poses working how it is now, it would require completely re-doing the mods menu to make it like the server browser, and some engine changes.
    It doesn't require rewriting anything...

Here it is sorted by active and then alphabetically:

zYfM7uc.jpg

Edit: And here it is sorted by active > subscribed > alphabetically

NA4RKu0.jpg
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited May 2014
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Well in Samus defense, the question also included removing and downloading mods. :P
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I added this to both NS2+ and the NS2+ Server Browser for anyone that cares.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I added this to both NS2+ and the NS2+ Server Browser for anyone that cares.

Hmmm.

DLC that we need:

SamusDroid DLC - To commemorate all the hard work

Mendasp DLC - When NS2+ is made official
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Hello, can I take a moment to tell you about our lords and saviors Samus and Mendasp?