== Natural Selection 2 ressurection ==

mastaprzemomastaprzemo Poland Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191683Members
My ideas for NS2 to bring this game back to life:

1) introduce 2 new playable races (4 races total) players instead of picking marines or aliens will pick "team a" "team b" and server will randomly pick 1 out of 4 playable races for this group
2) add rpg lvling (gaining lvls and skillpoints to spend is always a good idea to resurect a game.passive skills like extra 5% energy regen etc would make game more intresting)
3) Focus on adding gameplay changing items rather than visual effect in DLC's
4) More support for 40+ player servers. I personaly play only on 42 man server. the low populated servers are just boring in gameplay

Comments

• mastaprzemomastaprzemo Poland Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191683Members
    5) apply uke alien vision mod or how is it called to every server. Lets be honest. Alien vision introduced by the ns2 client is so bad that i have never ever used it in any game
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hehehe, I've thought about what would happen if UWE adds the protoss to NS2... (ie marines = terran, kharaa = zerg, ???? = protoss).

But for the OP, can't tell if trolling or just has yet to have the weight of reality crush his hopes and dreams.
  • mastaprzemomastaprzemo Poland Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191683Members
    a lot of ppl wish to see protos in ns2 (random talks on wooza server).
    i wish to see some kind of high tech alien race (support alien could have deployable forcefields or deployable invis domes of some kind) they would use laser beam weapons that gains heat when shooting. on overheat must wait some amount of time. etc etc xD im pretty sure that on brainstorm every1 could give some nice ideas xD
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    a lot of ppl wish to see protos in ns2 (random talks on wooza server).
    i wish to see some kind of high tech alien race (support alien could have deployable forcefields or deployable invis domes of some kind) they would use laser beam weapons that gains heat when shooting. on overheat must wait some amount of time. etc etc xD im pretty sure that on brainstorm every1 could give some nice ideas xD

Yes, ideas, brainstorming, but without the $$$$, this big of a project simply cannot get off the ground. This cannot be a community mod due to the scope and sheer file size it would incur, not to mention how outdated and un-supported the tools are. As @Soul_Rider has pointed out on many occasions, NOBODY has managed to get custom player models into the game, and working 100%. To do such a thing, we would need the support of the devs, and they have moved on to other projects -- and to be clear, I don't blame them one bit for this; they've already done so much more for this game than they had to.

Perhaps NS3 will have 3 races... now THAT would be interesting... but tricky to balance as well.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2 the f2p idea.

Standard is now free, deluxe is now the "upgrade to the full game for $15", and free players can't change cosmetics(besides gender), and can only join noob friendly servers. Then badges for all the previous owners.

Insert check in mail for captain ideasguy.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe in NS3 but just shoehorning a race into a content update would be hilarious. Like introducing a new race in SC2 in a balance patch.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited May 2014
    It isn't coming back to life because it never died. Also I doubt any more new players will come, do you know how old NS2 has become? We already had sales to boost player count, but at this point devs will just go with subnautica.

EDIT: Oh, the OP wasn't trolling?
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I agree entirely with @BeigeAlert‌

On the topic of lifespan, let us not forget how long NS1 survived. Sure the player-base wasn't massive, but it survived. I think that speaks for itself.
  • alf90alf90 Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170766Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold
    1) Yeah that sounds like a clusterfuck to try and balance.

2) Sure, make it so already good players get even better, that will deffo help retain new players.

3) I'm not opposed to new weapons or abilitys being added, but once again it sounds like a hassle to balance, easier and simplier to just offer DLC reskins.

4) Please god no.

5) Alien vision was changed as it was deemed OP, as there was no downside to using it. Besides UKE's visions mod is bad, it replaces a sea of orange with a sea of green. I'm happy enough with default alien vison anyway, but if i were to chose a modded version it would be HAZE's Minimal Alien Vision.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    McGlaspie wrote: »

On the topic of lifespan, let us not forget how long NS1 survived. Sure the player-base wasn't massive, but it survived. I think that speaks for itself.

The day of defeat: source server I usually play on tracks the number of users connected in the past month. It was over 111,000 at the end of April. That game is far older than ns2. Really wish ns2 had those kind of numbers... ever. But hey, we've got our die-hard loyalists, hopefully they stick around for years to come.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    How 2 Make Natural Selection 2 and UWE Studio >>>> More PopulaR LIKE DOTA2 AND Counter Strike
    Answer >> F2P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuOqftp6REkM8j_63gpjvKQhqVeec0Wpgtjepr8w71MIyb0iQFbg
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    this thread is a joke
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    It isn't coming back to life because it never died.
    Bah, I'd go so far and say NS2 never really lived. If I compare it to NS1 glory time, then I come even more to that conclusion.
    And its just going downhill from now on.