Destructoid hands on thoughts

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hamza from Destructoid played Subnautica at PAX East, and was kind enough to write up his thoughts: http://www.destructoid.com/subnautica-looks-to-be-the-minecraft-of-underwater-exploration-273579.phtml

Very nice of Destruction to give Subnautica this attention early on!

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Awsome!

Cool to see that the basics of the crafting system are already in place :)

Also, its clever how you deter people from the "just kill all the threats" mindset by making it actually worse for your long term game to de-stabalize a biome's ecosystem. I was concerned that you wouldn't be able to overcome this basic gamer reflex (its trying to kill me? better kill it, and all of its friends, just to be sure!).

The more I read about this game the more I dont want to wait to play it :D
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is certainly a nice piece. I hope it bring a few people over to UWE to follow the SN progression
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    You guys have ecosystem dynamics now!? I. Am. So. Keen.