Subnautica Revealed - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    looks good but the lack of sub-surface scattering makes everything look flat like plastic :(
  • STARSBarrySTARSBarry Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67671Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    looks slick as hell.... one thing to ask are you planning to.... have a HUD of somesort? or are we going to be pulling up a diving valve to see how much air we have left in the tank?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I realise its prealpha but lets nag anyway. ;)
    Feedback is feedback aye.

Not all screens feel underwater. (unsure how moving would be as I only have the screenshots of these topics).
    I dont see any distortions and fish more seem to hover in a odly coloured air rather then water.
    I would, for example, expect light to interact with not only the surroundings but also the entities & fish.

http://www.photography-match.com/views/images/gallery/Orca_Whale_Underwater.jpg
    For example. See how the light interacts with the orca.

Also, to my limited knowledge on this subject, the deeper you go the less light you have. Something I do not see in the prescreens.

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/files/2014/04/SubAndStalkers_01-584x365.jpg for example. Fish are clearly visible yet the entire surrounding is bland, even though the floor seems quite close. Considering the surroundings I would expect us to be deeper due the lack of colour, and thus have much more bland looking fish.
    The same fish would have much more colour in a closer to the surface surrounding, like this:

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/files/2014/04/SafeShallows_01-618x386.jpg

So yeh, the feel seems off.
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    STARSBarry wrote: »
    looks slick as hell.... one thing to ask are you planning to.... have a HUD of somesort? or are we going to be pulling up a diving valve to see how much air we have left in the tank?
    I would really enjoy having an option for either.
  • KrizzenKrizzen Join Date: 2011-12-16 Member: 138181Members
    I'm with Darkling. It is pre-alpha, but here's some feedback.

The game looks fantastic, but it still doesn't look underwater. I think some fog shadowing would help the visuals tremendously. They'd really sell the volumetric effects of being underwater. It's sort of like an inverse godray effect that only occurs in shadow volumes. See Planetside 2:

http://i4.minus.com/iToYawbLVRODz.png

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595864569143359864/BCE8DD44A781C20DD74CC2F4DCEDC6BEE74B9A22/1024x589.resizedimage

I can't wait to see more Subnautica!
  • thehunter21thehunter21 Sweden Join Date: 2014-07-27 Member: 197649Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    looks awesome can't wait to play it, keep up the awesome work :)
  • CarlssonCarlsson Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202504Members
    it's simply amazing!

I cant wait for a fully fledge release, and hopefully a PS4 version aswell. :D
  • Imperator1342Imperator1342 Rassin Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211493Members
    Dear developers, add in the future a reasonable form of life, trust is earned. And make the romantic line Cotonou mystery and drama, inviting, not current player, but the main character, it will give the game its unique charm and character. It hurts players to the core and cause them to empathize with not only the protagonist but also beautiful forms of intelligent life. It will make the game really unique game. Free your fantasy and send it in free flight you andpete extraterrestrial world, so fill it with incredible susistemi. Produmyvayte every idea, every study sushestvo, every plant, every piece of this world alive and make it a truly memorable and you dobjets success in this matter not to hurry. Thanks for vnimanie with respect Kirill Suhonin.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    Dear developers, add in the future a reasonable form of life, trust is earned. And make the romantic line Cotonou mystery and drama, inviting, not current player, but the main character, it will give the game its unique charm and character. It hurts players to the core and cause them to empathize with not only the protagonist but also beautiful forms of intelligent life. It will make the game really unique game. Free your fantasy and send it in free flight you andpete extraterrestrial world, so fill it with incredible susistemi. Produmyvayte every idea, every study sushestvo, every plant, every piece of this world alive and make it a truly memorable and you dobjets success in this matter not to hurry. Thanks for vnimanie with respect Kirill Suhonin.
    Your word salad is most impressive.
    Truly you are a master in the field.

• VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members

Aurora Communication Beacon 1342 Commence Immediate Transmission

Extraterrestrial Database Inquiry

[...]
    "It hurts **zzzt** to the core and cause them to empathize with not only the protagonist but also beautiful forms of intelligent life..."

[...]

End Transmission.

..Sentient Contact Established