How to launch mod from shortcut with specified map

DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey all, just a quick question for you gurus. I know how to launch my mod from a shortcut, i.e.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\NS2.exe" -game modname

This works, but I also want to load a specific map.

I have tried adding:
+map mymap
-map mymap
map mymap

after "-game modname"

But none of these seem to work correctly. How can I get my mod to immediately load up a specified map?

Thanks!

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    -map is the command for a dedicated server. If you are running it as a listen server, you can't launch direct to create a server from desktop, you need to run the menu's and select first.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    DarkATi wrote: »
    Hey all, just a quick question for you gurus. I know how to launch my mod from a shortcut, i.e.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\NS2.exe" -game modname

This works, but I also want to load a specific map.

I have tried adding:
    +map mymap
    -map mymap
    map mymap

after "-game modname"

But none of these seem to work correctly. How can I get my mod to immediately load up a specified map?

Thanks!
    This broke when they added the main menu loading screen.