Shotgun Sally

VelozityVelozity UnKnownWorlds Join Date: 2014-04-03 Member: 195124Members
edited April 2014 in Artwork Forum
Hola,
As many of you guys, I have loved playing Natural Selection since it came out quite a few years ago. One of the things I love about the game is the artwork. The developers and aritsts ability to create a dence, close and claustrophobic feeling in a long forgotten spacestation crawling with remorseless aliens. It can not be described better than Ash's last words to Ripley ....you have my sympathies.......
Anyhow, with my combined joy with Natural Selection and 3D art I decided to create (or try to) something from the universe. After some study my choice landed on the Marine shotgun. Becuase it looks cool and is the kind of art style that interestes me.
It was not inteded to be an exact copy, but as you can see I followed the main layout of the gun. After the base model I started to apply textures and materials and finally the studio and light setup. It was some challange to find the right level of color, light shadows and textures. I could not deside for a single one, so I am gonna put up seval versions with a small description.
The Natural Selection logo was nowhere to be found in a usefull state on Google. So I had to do a complete redraw and import it. The Shells intended for each Alien where added to give the scene more color and look.
Every man should have a name for his weapon, I'll call this Shotgun Sally.. :)

First Render - 2 Hours 32 Min.

kI8sqSE.png

Clay Render - 32 Min.

UUKwec7.png

Comments