NS tattoos, anyone?

2»

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nice and shiny roll-on. Oh, the dedication...

It would still be awesome, I think
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2014
    RockyMarc wrote: »
    Amazing no skin irritation on that nice soft white skin.. Some would say it looks like a roll-on!

Lack of skin irritation is partly due to genetics (some peoples skin doesn't like ink and will reject it) and partly due to proper monitoring and care during the healing process. I have fair skin that is just as pale as hers but my tattoos all turned out great since I know the correct aftercare.
    Not trying to be elitist or anything I'm just a big tattoo person who has too much to say on the subject.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Rock a pair of Lerk wings on the back shoulder to put those angel / bird/ demon / dragon cliche's to shame!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Oooo tattoos of our favorite games! This gives me the idea to get meta ridley tattoo. Too bad i don't like tattoos =P
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    WavyBlue wrote: »
    Nice and shiny roll-on. Oh, the dedication...

It was shiny from Aquaphor ointment. You question my dedication to TSF?!?!?!

I know nothing about tattoos. Or anything, for that matter. :|
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    whoa... i'm so torn between
    what if you f4?!?!?
    and
    Oooohhhh that is so good :x

if you're really getting one for kharaa too, maybe cory/rantology could make something for you? can't speak on their behalf ofc., but this is a major thing which will stick with you for many decades, so it can't hurt to ask :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Laosh'Ra wrote: »
    whoa... i'm so torn between
    what if you f4?!?!?
    and
    Oooohhhh that is so good :x

if you're really getting one for kharaa too, maybe cory/rantology could make something for you? can't speak on their behalf ofc., but this is a major thing which will stick with you for many decades, so it can't hurt to ask :)

The ultimative NS2 fan art collab!
    The artists: Cory and rantology.
    The canvas: WavyBlue?

• That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I'm looking at my TSA poster above my computer which is your tattoo & the tagline right now

good stuff I like the shading. My older brother & his friends have massive amounts of ink even some hand hammered stuff.
    I want to get sentry battery tramp stamp and sentries around my bunghole... gotta make sure there are no blind spots...
  • DubaraDubara Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187173Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Not sure it's a tattoo. it look like a decal as it shines a lot.
    Black lines are really heavy. It should scar the skin like the "bumping" or a scar.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Rock a pair of Lerk wings on the back shoulder to put those angel / bird/ demon / dragon cliche's to shame!

or the Metabolise icon
    Ahh necro boob shot thread!
  • WavyBlueWavyBlue Florida, U.S. Join Date: 2008-07-27 Member: 64711Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not sure it's a tattoo. it look like a decal as it shines a lot.
    Black lines are really heavy. It should scar the skin like the "bumping" or a scar.

Key word: SHOULD scar the skin. Everyone heals differently, m8. It was well done, and was shiny at the time because of Aquaphor ointment.

I guess a girl with an NS tattoo is too good to be true :(

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Dubara wrote: »
    Excellent!

I feel compelled to point out how your one post is to necro a thread with a one word item of praise. Not saying this isn't praise worthy or worth being remembered. Just wow.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    How many of you guys actually have got a tattoo? I have 2, and @WavyBlue‌ 's tat is a real tat.

PS. they are not NS or NS2 related tats ;-(
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    How many of you guys actually have got a tattoo?

/raises hand

I have a four leaf clover on my shoulder. Not nearly as large as WavyBlue's tat, wow.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes, but it's too expensive of a hobby for a poor mug like me. I'll probably never get more unless for free/trade.
  • WavyBlueWavyBlue Florida, U.S. Join Date: 2008-07-27 Member: 64711Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    What sort of logo/symbol would you have for the Kharaa sleeve? A hive?

Yes! :D For the past few weeks, I've been thinking about what to do for a Kharaa symbol on my other shoulder. I'm no superb artist or anything, but here's my concept drawings:

e6eca54bc8666cbf48ac3dd20b41e8.jpg

As of right now I want an artsy fartsy hive with a swirl of those beautiful orange hues of its chamber, and a bouquet of hydras on it somewhere; but any and all suggestions are very appreciated. :)

It would be a dream come true to have the assistance of real artists like cory or rantology or kylie. Oh my x_x;;
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @TinCan‌
    I have a tiger on my chest (15cm x 15cm or so), and a small rose on my back-shoulder.
    WavyBlue wrote: »
    Mouse wrote: »
    What sort of logo/symbol would you have for the Kharaa sleeve? A hive?

Yes! :D For the past few weeks, I've been thinking about what to do for a Kharaa symbol on my other shoulder. I'm no superb artist or anything, but here's my concept drawings:

-picture-

As of right now I want an artsy fartsy hive with a swirl of those beautiful orange hues of its chamber, and a bouquet of hydras on it somewhere; but any and all suggestions are very appreciated. :)

It would be a dream come true to have the assistance of real artists like cory or rantology or kylie. Oh my x_x;;

Send them a PM or call them with "@name". The worst that can happen is that they say no.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I've been too broke, but have been planning on it since I got into ns2 :/

ns1 marine in corner holding knife awkwardly while entire alien te

Get a Fade eye on the other arm :D