Show people that are still loading the game on the scoreboard ...

BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Loading maps take so long .. servers empty because the faster loading players think the other players have left .. so they leave .. by the time the slower loading machines connect and show on scoreboard, the server has emptied..

There's no visibility on the actual number of people in the server after a map change (you have to go to the server browser to see this)

Seems like something that should have been there since day 1.. but hey ..

Comments

• Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    this is a good suggestion. It should probably show below ready room as "players loading/connecting".
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    definitely like this idea. There are times when people leave the server because they think the map changed killed the server pop. When in eality... they just have HDDs.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The only information you could show is number of people on the server, so it wouldn't be as useful as you would think, but something I'll look at
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    The only information you could show is number of people on the server, so it wouldn't be as useful as you would think, but something I'll look at
    If you know the amount of people in the server but not their names, then display the people still connecting as UNKNOWN 1/2/3 in spectate imo.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Should be doable as the stream browser does show active connections. Just need to tally them.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    +1 to this being appreciated if possible. Great idea as I've witnessed this myself when people leave prematurely because they had an SSD and the other players didn't.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Also helps gauge when the majority of a server has loaded and thus whether or not it's a good time to do a randomise/forceeven vote.
    +1