Return Researching of Advanced Weaponry

meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
Imagine the scenario. Comming marines.
"Okay everyone the AA is researching, everyone please save your res for jetpacks and shotguns so we can take down some of these lifeforms"
*within seconds, entire teams pool of Pres is gone and everyone's running around with grenade launchers, firing aimlessly at lerks and blowing hemselves up*

This is a scenario that happens far too often in pub games.

Marine comms should really be able to decide whether or not they want the numbskulls on the team being able to buy grenade launchers.

This might go some ways to fixing the GL spam in some pub servers, and also returns some thought and control back to the player- "Do we want to research AW? Why?" rather than "we need to research AA for jetpacks, AWs will also be available even though we may not ever need them"

Comments

• mikemike86mikemike86 Chester Join Date: 2013-11-28 Member: 189612Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yeah, so you can turn Armory into AA for far less res, but all it does is unlock the ability to unlock each weapon individually, and unlock the Proto Lab.

Makes more sense.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Only down side I see is AA -> proto -> JP then JP/SG for the win. The FT and GL are too situational to be useful, so if you can forgo that for pure JP rush with SG, it will be very OP as the timing of that will be too fast for Aliens to have decent counters.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I agree with this. Also, I would prefer if proto required 2 seats, so you can't rush it without securing 2 seats first.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Anything that delays the GL and FT from making my Gorge forts useless is fine with me ^^