Did the game die or is my browser buged?

Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
So i havent played ns2 in a little over a month and last time I played I remember there beeing hundreds of servers with a few hundred players population them.
Now I load up the game,go to the server browser,remove all my filters and I see like 10 server,8 of which empty,1 with 3 people in it and the other with 5.
Seems really wierd and unlikely that the game would of died so rapidly in just like a month,so I figure there must be something wrong with the browser.
So I am wondering,is it just me,or is anybody else also seeing what I see in the browser?

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    This happens to me when Steam is having issues. All the servers didn't disappear. =]
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Steam has been very fickle the past week, and not only on the days we're used to it going down in the middle of prime time.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    The games not dead, but yes player count isn't what it used to be.

Also, you are experiencing steam issue.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    You guys know any fix to this?
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I notice the same. The server list is slow and unreliable atm. I set it to max ping, 0 performance etc. And i get a few servers. Often it takes really long to have the rest appear.
    I hope this get's fixed soon by either UWE or valve, cause else ns2 will die.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Steam master servers are down at the moment
    http://www.issteamdown.com/
This discussion has been closed.