drifter patrol

Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi all,
Anyone know how to get a drifter to patrol an area (ie. give them waypoints the will continue). I saw it done in game before, and would love to know how to do this when I am commanding aliens.
Thanks

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i think you can discover this great secret without help.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    click the drifter, press C and click somewhere on the map. it will patrol between the point you clicked and wherever it currently is. it's nice to keep your drifters in this state if they aren't being immediately used. especially useful for mid to late game when you need to worry about sneaky phasegates, just have them patrol through all the potential rooms.
  • CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    click the drifter, press C and click somewhere on the map. it will patrol between the point you clicked and wherever it currently is. it's nice to keep your drifters in this state if they aren't being immediately used. especially useful for mid to late game when you need to worry about sneaky phasegates, just have them patrol through all the potential rooms.

How do you set multiple waypoints?

• turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    you don't, that's too high tech afaik
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @turtsmcgurt thanks so much. I kept trying the usual RTS buttons for multiple way points (shift, alt, ctrl) but no joy. C is so not an obvious choice (can't see the "patrol" option when I select a drifter.

I think if you press shift or alt or control (I am not sure which, but its one of them), you can set multiple way points, but then it doesn't patrol, the drifter just goes from one way point to the next (and build stuff if it gets to a way point with things to build).
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    edited March 2014
    Uh oh, what if my map is C? Isn't my map C by default? <- Oh, my bad, I see what you mean, left click on the map which is accessed by C.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @OnosFactory‌ I would change the default map when you are commanding from C to M or N (I used to use C - the default), and it mucked with my hot keys when I have the commander build menu there.

• MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    The drifter menu also has the patrol command on it. Since you'll use it fairly rarely (versus say, cysting), just click on the command, then on the map.