NS2WC 2015

NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
edited March 2014 in NS2 General Discussion

As you can tell, everyone wants to do this again. Let's get some community ideas to make the NS2WC happen again next year!

Comments

• Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think cost reduction could be something which everyone looks after. I can imagine that there are somethings which are nice (in terms of production quality), but are ancillary to needing to broadcast or get these teams together to play. Perhaps an amateur studio? UWE offices? Basement? I have no idea.

Not sure if a 3rd party production studio is 100% necessary. Then again, I lack perspective and concerte information.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I would donate multiple times if they had a program like Reinforced but just for the WC. Make it open for an entire year and use that money for WC. Plus, if NVIDIA and Intel chipped in as well, the budget could be a lot bigger for accommodations, prize pool, etc.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I loved the NSWC but if i had to make a choice about donation funding i would put my buck in a Community Mappack.
    That being said, i will donate anyway.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Agreed. The studio, staff, and organization of ESL were definitely top notch and easily worth the 30k.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    Agreed. The studio, staff, and organization of ESL were definitely top notch and easily worth the 30k.

And the water! OMFG THE WATER! lol
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    GORGEous wrote: »
    Lots of great info!
    Thanks for the awesome reply. I was just making a suggestion and trying not to accuse or anything. I do not know the specifics obviously.

Good to hear that you see the ESL studio as worth it.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I would donate for another ns2wc, and I think most of the others would, too.
    This time I could even stay for the afterparty.