Babblers and webs?

puggeruggerpuggerugger UK Join Date: 2014-03-09 Member: 194626Members
I got the game last saturday, haven't played gorge because I don't think I would be too much help due to scrubbiness
but there is one thing I have noticed, I have never seen anybody use the babblers or webs. Why is this?
broken as in they literally don't work, broken as in they are cheap and overpowered or broken as in they're so bad that there is no point using them?

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Webs come a bit late in the game and babblers are, well, arguable over their usefulness.

I think babblers have some use, but not everyone does.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Babblers can be pretty handy on yourself as a gorge. If you use the babbler bait ball and stand next to a wall and shoot it forward it pings back at you and the babblers stick to you.

Webs are a bit of a different story, main reason they go unused is the fact they require 7 biomass (3 hives) and at this point in the game they have minimal impact/use as its likely the aliens are already dominating the game. I personally think they should have a much lower requirement as early/mid game they could make a real impact.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    webs show up to late in the game to realistic matter.
    babblers while providing armour is relative expensive as they get shot, die off and then you can get new ones. Basicly early game you can not afford them and late game the damage you take is usually bigger then babbs absorb anyway.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    by the time webs become available, they're almost completely useless. it's been requested for months for some type of fix for webs, but there hasn't even been a response from a single developer for or against, it's unlikely to ever happen I think. I think if webs were to unlock at biomass 4, but cost 1 res to put down it would balance out.