Torn Banner Map Contest

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi guys! As mappers, I thought you might be interested to see that Torn Banner (a fellow little studio that Unknown Worlds has worked closely with in the past) is running a pretty snazzy mapping contest: http://www.tornbanner.com/contest/

Many of you no doubt have the skills to totally blitz that!

Comments

• Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Just if UDK will be as convenient as Spark :(
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    My personal experience, Spark is much easier for mapping than UDK, although UDK is more powerful. Could be fun, but there are some very experienced and very good UDK mappers out there already, who would probably have a huge advantage on any people new to the kit.
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Since it would be using the Chivalry SDK I'd say it would be easier in terms of mapping (Barring custom content of course) than using just the UDK itself as you would have access to the standard assets for the game. If I had kept up with my UDK knowledge and didn't have other fish to fry I might have entered just for the fun of it. Still, gives me a good excuse to pick up Chivalry in the future.

Good luck to anybody who does decide to go for this though!
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    Whoa! Those are some extremely tight time frames. If only I could just drop everything I was doing now and start making a map for the next 4 months.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whens the ns2 mapping contest? :P
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Says in the fine print that it is possible to enter as a team! Anyone up for it? If it's allowed to use standard assets from the game I think 2-3 people could do this pretty good within the given timeframe!:)
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I'll have you know Hugh... we map for arts sake and the love of the game! That said, there were rumors of a mod going standalone! Maybe once/if that gets revealed we could see a contest like this held for that project? Everyone knows skulks with shotguns maps are a lot smaller and easier to make than vanilla NS2 ;)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    now now howser, spoilers are frowned upon.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    SWS?? Dream on Howser, it is most definitely GorgeCraft which is going Standalone, why do you think it wasn't included in the showreel? To keep everyone guessing of course ;)