did the frontiersmen biologically create the kharaa to get more funding?

dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members Posts: 55 Fully active user
Seems reasonable.

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 429 Fully active user
    I was under the assumption that the frontiersmen were created to fight the Kharaa...

I wouldn't be surprised however if a corporation of some sort made the Kharaa in a Weyland-Yutani sort of way :P
    Howser is da BEST!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    Actually, the Great Gorge commanded (as in mind-controlled) the human scientists to create his army.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• SanjiSurvivorSanjiSurvivor Cincinnati, Ohio Join Date: 2014-08-08 Member: 197866Members Posts: 7
    Lies, that would require us...to be controlled by REPTILIANS! I KNEW IT
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 763 Advanced user
    Nanites.

They got bored fixing things and decided to make something (bacterium) that break everything...
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    they invaded khaara the gorgey homeworld to strip it of resources and harvest precious gorge milk, abit like avatar
    AQ-Brainfood
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,626 Advanced user
    The Babbler king made them babble and the rest is history

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

coolitic
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Posts: 4,265 Advanced user
    The Kharaa is a bacterium that has travelled throughout the universe infecting and absorbing races. All the Alien lifeforms are independent, from various worlds around the universe, which have fallen to the Bacterium and have been absorbed. The Bacterium uses these to do it's work for it, but the Kharaa itself is the bacterium/hivemind that controls everything...

Games:Subnautica Fan Game Mods: GorgeCraft & CTF & Proving Grounds Website: andysoulrider.uk
    Twitter: @AndySoulRider Twitch: Twitch.tv/SoulRider YouTube: Youtube.com/user/IamSoulRider/videos

Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
    Knowledge is gained through listening, Understanding is gained through discussion.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 820 Advanced user
    Sounds like a Russian conspiracy theory.
    Warforce17 wrote: »
    RapGod wrote: »
    matso wrote: »
    --> pistol time axe time welder time riflebutt time
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The Kharaa is a bacterium that has travelled throughout the universe infecting and absorbing races. All the Alien lifeforms are independent, from various worlds around the universe, which have fallen to the Bacterium and have been absorbed. The Bacterium uses these to do it's work for it, but the Kharaa itself is the bacterium/hivemind that controls everything...

Which continues to prove the fact that Zerg = Kharra.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,586 Advanced user
    Just two universal super powers having an all out war.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,410 Advanced user
    As the germa n gaming show gameone put it: "no one really cares, because everyone has way too much fun killing each other"

Yes, this is a quote from their ns2 review.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
    d4rkAlf