So when are you going to fix GL player damage? Never?

13»

Comments

• orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    I will like make in fire(cluster) granade, become molotov, so neutralize lerk gas. And emp become flashbang that blind marines and aliens, when used, and gas maybe deal more damage to structures. I think that maybe time beter used.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    PsiWarp makes a good point. please consider.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    PsiWarp wrote: »
    I would like to try making the grenade itself deal damage on impact, while reducing the explosion damage.

E.g.
    Current
    130 damage (260 vs structures)

Revised
    40 grenade impact damage (80 vs structures) + 90 explosion splash damage (180 vs structures)

This makes mindless grenade spam ineffective at bringing down crucial structures as the total damage is separated between the grenade impact and the actual explosion itself. This also allows skilled lobbers to deal some damage to Kharaa players on direct hit, instead of it bouncing off harmlessly due to the minimum fuse time before a grenade explodes.

"Skilled"? You mean lucky. Grenades are moving erratically through the air for me, sometimes it's hard hitting a hive :D
    PsiWarp wrote: »
    I would like to try making the grenade itself deal damage on impact, while reducing the explosion damage.

E.g.
    Current
    130 damage (260 vs structures)

Revised
    40 grenade impact damage (80 vs structures) + 90 explosion splash damage (180 vs structures)

This makes mindless grenade spam ineffective at bringing down crucial structures as the total damage is separated between the grenade impact and the actual explosion itself. This also allows skilled lobbers to deal some damage to Kharaa players on direct hit, instead of it bouncing off harmlessly due to the minimum fuse time before a grenade explodes.

"Skilled"? You mean lucky. Grenades are moving erratically through the air for me, sometimes it's hard hitting a hive :D

Yeah , he wish to make it more like tf2 demomen Gl, but the thing is,like u say they have small random fly deviation,so they need to fix random deviation first if we even start question of skill.

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Psiwarp's idea is good. Current GLs are shit unless you get a direct hit anyway though, only noobs try to do damage with the splash. Getting a direct hit on a structure is never usually hard due to the near-pinpoint accuracy of the nades :D
    The way he over is outdated, and not just that it is how RL work in most games. Imao if change is needed,it is best to use Loadout way base damage+ direct hit damage in ratio 9-1 . But as Tf2 demo MAIN, I must say I don't think that is good idea. Some things need to be fixed before any changes.
    Cruz if u want to make it direct hit weapon. And GL is not RL, it need to be closer to RL, the more u want it to be direct hit the more needs to work as RL and less as GL,
    So random fly deviation needs to go out, and self splash damage needs to be redused as u will be fighting more direct combat. In that case weapon will be pointless as u have shotgun already to do job better.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    edited March 2014
    I'm a little confused..can someone explain? There is a fuse time (explains why sometimes I see a nade bounce off a alien) so why does sometimes you can suicide by shooting an alien at point blank...but sometimes it will bounce? Is there a min/max fuse?

I see next to zero consistency with grenade launchers..