Organised Play ... No Games?

OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
Quick question - is there meant to be perma servers in the OG menu?

Will they show up with 0 players? I don't mind spending a few mins waiting/hoping someone will join, if not and 0 players is an oversight.

Currently it shows blank unless I make a game, doubt a home internet connection in NZ is going to cut anyone's mustard, no matter how old and twisted.

Comments

• ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    The organised play menu is simply a way to set up a game outside of a server, so there are no servers involved (well technically its all handled with the hive but game servers arent needed to set up a lobby). Its like a pre game lobby that you sit in, prepare an organised game, then when it is full you will be assigned to either a server you specify or a random server that is available for organised play (servers can be marked for this by server admins).

So basically if you want to play an organised match, look in the browser and join up to a lobby if one is in progress, or create your own and then when its ready you will be plopped onto a server to play on, your own internet connection/hardware has no impact on the game that will follow.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Ahhhh, thank you very much - so I drop 'into' the pool of available Servers?

Thank you, obviously I've spent too much time trying to work around my 'archetype' in Drakensang: the River Of Time.

*What, no fem dwarves?*
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    No problem, and yeah either you specify a server if you have one to use. Or you get a random server which has the organised play tag on it (similar to rookie friendly tag which is set up by the admin of the server).
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Hang on - I'm not psychic - how do I know what size/players etc to make my 'server' ?
    Well you just make a lobby for the size of organised game you wish. So for example lets say you wanted to play an organised 6v6, you set up a 12 player lobby in the organised play section and once you have filled the lobby you will be assigned to an appropriately sized and located server automatically. So make your lobby whatever size you want and you will be sent to a server which accommodates that.