LOUD Skulks!

13»

Comments

• zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    It has always bothered me that I can hear gunshots seemingly next to me which turn out to be behind a, well, 5 metres thick wall.
    It doesn't sound like that for me. When there are shots in another room it sounds muffled like you'd expect. I use a normal 2 monitor setup btw.

• d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    zeep wrote: »
    It has always bothered me that I can hear gunshots seemingly next to me which turn out to be behind a, well, 5 metres thick wall.
    It doesn't sound like that for me. When there are shots in another room it sounds muffled like you'd expect. I use a normal 2 monitor setup btw.
    Yes, it does sound muffled. But the sound isn't coming from the direction (i.e. doorway or vent) that it should come from.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Paajtor wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    The only problem I have with skulks volume is that their biting is too loud. When I try to munch on power node I cannot hear marines coming before it's too late.
    This has always been the case, and one of the 1st things to remember as a skulk, is to take a brief pause after 10 bites or so, and listen.
    Then continue for a bit, and listen again, etc.

I know, but sometimes the marines come with not-so-perfect timing (for me at least).

That is part of the game I guess. Just another reason why shade hive is my fav.