shader glitch in biodome

RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited February 2014 in Technical Support
Not sure if it's due to mods, I'm afraid I haven't time now to go and check, but here's what it looks like (look at welder display):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228970740

There's a patch of floor, to the right of the central column as you look northwards from between the falls RT and the middle column of falls, that seems to overlay on top of the welder display, rather than behind it. Not seen this behaviour before the Dropship patch. Shader issue?

Hope this is helpful and the right place for a bug report. @Ironhorse?

Roo

Edit: someone else noticed the same thing in Eclipse with the rain shader: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134197/graphic-bug-glitch-rain-shader-on-eclipse

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    What settings are you using? Try turning off mods and try minimal settings.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is nothing new and has been there for as long as the game has been around.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yup this has been around for a bit now, obviously not that noticeable given the infrequent use of water (especially before biodome) like that.
    Both the welder issue and exo hud issue are known in regards to these shaders. Was officially reported Dec 13th, but was noticed prior during biodome development.
    Thanks tho!

(and yes this is where you'd report such a thing, ty)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @Samusdroid and @Ironhorse, thank you! I probably never noticed that biodome one before because... well... why oh why would you place the phase gate up against the wall like that :D And exos.. yeah not for a few builds have they been worth playing with :(
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Gotta love when coms shove phase gates right up against walls...
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Gotta love when coms shove phase gates right up against walls...

I know right?