Gather Suggestions/Skill Suggestions

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited February 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Gather Suggestions -

1) Rookie filter - Not sure if this is the best place for a beginner
2) Be able to hit enter in the 'chat' section
3) Limit to 12v12 only - It isn't meant for more than this
4) Make the three options less confusing - public/gather/private etc, I couldn't even differentiate between them
5) Not sure if possible but shouldn't teams be sorted by skill automatically? We couldn't even get the vote going because it didn't reach a thresh hold
6) Have the commanders set themselves up in the lobby itself - maybe a checkbox
7) Have players pick if they either want to marine or alien first - and specific checkboxes for which alien role they play

Skill Suggestions -

1) Don't have people lose rating for commanding, a game won commanding can result in 100 skill? That's a huge decrease for no reason what so ever -Proof: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/18143541 -View the 2/15/14 Game- It was commanded and won, yet a low skill rating was achieved?

2) Make skill about your winning/losing/opponent weight/and overall score (score means you're doing objectives/fragging/assisting/whatever -- I've looked over the games top players and their in-game ratings are really low because they play each other, yet someone like me who just runs around pubs gets a high rating for excessive k/d. I believe it should be most heavily based on winning and your opponents weight -- so if you beat someone way below you, it won't result in a heavy increase in skill

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    2) Be able to hit enter in the 'chat' section
    There is currently a bug of some sort with Awesomium (web browser service) where enter doesn't get captured.

3) Limit to 12v12 only - It isn't meant for more than this
    4) Make the three options less confusing - public/gather/private etc, I couldn't even differentiate between them
    There are descriptions when you create one but there could be more
    5) Not sure if possible but shouldn't teams be sorted by skill automatically? We couldn't even get the vote going because it didn't reach a thresh hold
    6) Have the commanders set themselves up in the lobby itself - maybe a checkbox
    7) Have players pick if they either want to marine or alien first - and specific checkboxes for which alien role they play
    All of this added functionality is low priority compared to getting the system working consistently. But noted.

Skill Suggestions -
    1) Don't have people lose rating for commanding, a game won commanding can result in 100 skill? That's a huge decrease for no reason what so ever -Proof: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/18143541 -View the 2/15/14 Game- It was commanded and won, yet a low skill rating was achieved?
    They will work on skill when they have time once the higher priority things get fixed.

2) Make skill about your winning/losing/opponent weight/and overall score (score means you're doing objectives/fragging/assisting/whatever -- I've looked over the games top players and their in-game ratings are really low because they play each other, yet someone like me who just runs around pubs gets a high rating for excessive k/d. I believe it should be most heavily based on winning and your opponents weight -- so if you beat someone way below you, it won't result in a heavy increase in skill

A loading text of some sort will be looked into as well. There's currently a bug with reading when the webpage finished loading for it to work properly.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Thanks for the reply but I'm a bit confused because I think you tried to quote certain parts of the post and everything got mixed in