SteamOS up and running, now I need a good mouse for the livingroom

GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2014 in Off-Topic
Just finished a new SteamOS build, and the Mouse I bought is TERRIBLE. It was cheap so I expected bad performance, but it only sends one command at a time, meaning I can move the mouse OR click a button but not both.

Any suggestions for a good wireless mouse for my livingroom?

Also suggestions for a good Microphone setup. For now, it looks like the Mic jack on my controller is not really an option. If I can get bluetooth going I have a hands free I was going to try and use.

Comments

• GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Mnm

Link to completed build w/ pictures on PC Part Picker
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    That was a known bug with mouse input in general for SteamOS. It has since been fixed.

Why are you using an APU with an nvidia card? Why not just get a normal CPU? Or get a HD 7750 for $100 to take advantage of the crossfire option with the APU.
    Personally I'd get an FX series processor because they're cost effective and an nvidia GPU because the linux drivers are semi decent.
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    0ni wrote: »
    That was a known bug with mouse input in general for SteamOS. It has since been fixed.

Why are you using an APU with an nvidia card? Why not just get a normal CPU? Or get a HD 7750 for $100 to take advantage of the crossfire option with the APU.
    Personally I'd get an FX series processor because they're cost effective and an nvidia GPU because the linux drivers are semi decent.

Thanks, I will follow up on the SteamOS Discussion boards but it is only in NS2 that this happens which is why I came here first.

As far as my build, I wanted to go ITX and there are no AM3+ ITX boards. This is also my first AMD Processcor build, in the past I have always gone Intel. I couldn't justify the price increase to go up to an i5 (I wanted Quad Core). And being unfamiliar with AMD, I was only aware of the FX and A-series processors. I didn't realize the Athlon series was a) still a thing, and b) the CPU equivalent of the APUs available. Regardless I think the difference between an APU I chose and the equivalent CPU was only about $20 but not a huge loss.