NS2WC Horizon Finals Match Mimic v. Singularity *Edit: VODs Posted*

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited February 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey folks!

So I guess technically, this match would be on the morning of 2/4 @ 2am for the Europeans. Quite early! But since this is basically two North American teams, the time seems to be appropriate across the pond.

If you can make it or have insomnia (for those Europeans), see you on at match time!

Ciao!

Comments

• OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    For the love of everything that is holy. WHY DIDNT THEY PLAY THIS DURING THE WEEKEND GRRRR.
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So I'm guessing the match wasn't last night?
    So 3/3 am gmt?
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    Its in 12 hour from this post. Time to nap?!
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    Ots wrote: »
    For the love of everything that is holy. WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY THIS DURING THE WEEKEND GRRRR.

It was originally scheduled for saturday but I had my moms birthday to go to saturday. Not sure if that was the official reason to reschedule though.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Gotta say the timing for this match seems pretty silly... This is the last game prior to the finals and its being playing at a time thats only going to get a NA live audience? I get both teams are NA but there are two whole weekends before the event where the match could have been played at a time where EU players could A. watch it live, and B. EUs who dont know about NS2 could find it.

This match could have been prime time advertisement for the finals but due to poor scheduling your live audience has been cut at the very least in half before the game is even played.
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    Boy.. with all these hypothetical scenarios saying why not a different time? I wouldn't mind watching this live at 2 am and I am FROM North America!
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    KKyle wrote: »
    Boy.. with all these hypothetical scenarios saying why not a different time? I wouldn't mind watching this live at 2 am and I am FROM North America!

And im sure there are a few people in EU who have no problem watching it at 2am. I was just making the point that when choosing a time for a match if you want as many people as possible to watch it, maybe at a weekend at a time that accommodates as many timezones as possible makes a little more sense than one that is going to be starting at 2am on a tuesday morning for at least half of your audience.

I get this isnt possible for EVERY game, but a final should be a bit different...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I need to do big worky tomorrow and i am disappointed i cannot watch live.
    But the VOD will do.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Zinkey wrote: »

And im sure there are a few people in EU who have no problem watching it at 2am. I was just making the point that when choosing a time for a match if you want as many people as possible to watch it, maybe at a weekend at a time that accommodates as many timezones as possible makes a little more sense than one that is going to be starting at 2am on a tuesday morning for at least half of your audience.

I get this isnt possible for EVERY game, but a final should be a bit different...

Finals are no different. It comes down to when the people actually playing can play. Most of us playing have jobs and lives.

This weekend we couldn't do Saturday and the Superbowl was Sunday.
    current1y wrote: »
    Finals are no different. It comes down to when the people actually playing can play. Most of us playing have jobs and lives.

Was it no possible to schedule it for any of the two weekends coming up prior to the germany finals? If so then fair enough. It just seems like this weekend couldnt be done so it was just pushed to monday.

This is a fair point of course, but I think @Zinkey was saying that the match would be best served (in the communitys interest) to have been on a weekend, and also that there are multiple weekends before the live event that could have also been considered before choosing a monday night.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    @current1y
    1. fuck superbowl
    2. how old is your mom, is she hot?
    3. let's just blame zefram

ps. I'll prolly be awake to watch it regardless.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yea sorry about the time to my EU friends. This was unfortunately the best time for both teams to play. We are heading into crunch time over the next two weekends for the main event preparation and most, if not all of the time on those weekends are ear-marked for that (juggling family/wife-agro throughout! :D ). However, we did manage to get this cast on front page so we can advertise the grand finals and NS2 as much as we can. I know the time sucks for the Euro's, but I will post the VODs as soon as I can here so those that miss it live can watch it right away.
    edited February 2014
    RedDog wrote: »
    I will post the VODs as soon as I can here

Make it more concrete ! :)
    Cause frankly, streaming VODs from twitch is a version of hell nobody deserves.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    EH, who cares about the Euros? :P USA!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Live in 30 min. See ya there!
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Really good games, recommend watching them.
    The first round is really exceptional. The next few are great too.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    Great games. Really could have gone either way.

Other things I learned:
    To be honest, tap really tries to be honest in all honesty.
    Twitch's YouTube exporter is having a few problems. Will post them when they load.
    Here we go! Enjoy folks! Were some great matches!

FULL SHOW:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

• co0kieco0kie Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167349Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was originally scheduled for saturday but I had my moms birthday to go to saturday. Not sure if that was the official reason to reschedule though.

Mimic scheduled for Monday. Did you forget we have a 15 man roster lol
    Gotta say the timing for this match seems pretty silly... This is the last game prior to the finals and its being playing at a time thats only going to get a NA live audience? I get both teams are NA but there are two whole weekends before the event where the match could have been played at a time where EU players could A. watch it live, and B. EUs who dont know about NS2 could find it.

This match could have been prime time advertisement for the finals but due to poor scheduling your live audience has been cut at the very least in half before the game is even played.

Still got a large amount of views but I agree 100% with you. Both teams were anxious and just wanted to get to it... I don't think the teams had promoting NS2 on our minds when we were advancing to the finals (at least I didn't) so when the teams were scheduling, they picked a time most comfortable for both teams. Maybe the casters should have picked a time and then confirmed with the teams?

Golden wrote: »
    Really good games, recommend watching them.
    joshhh wrote: »
    Great games. Really could have gone either way.

Other things I learned:
    To be honest, tap really tries to be honest in all honesty.

Honest to god though, thanks for the games.