coOkie aka "Dwyane Fade"

2»

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    co0kie wrote: »
    I don't use shadowstep either even if it's researched (never really is in comp play)... I don't like the halt in momentum you get after using it.

Just want to let you know this was changed. You now carry most of your momentum after a shadow step.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited January 2014
    joshhh wrote: »
    I don't use shadowstep either even if it's researched (never really is in comp play)... I don't like the halt in momentum you get after using it.

Just want to let you know this was changed. You now carry most of your momentum after a shadow step.

You sure? I just tried it and I still seemed to slow way down after a ss.

Thanks cookie for the answers, I'm still not clear on how it all works you did answer some of my questions such as celerity does in fact affect blink speed and to swipe at the marines side instead of running directly into him. As for the upload I meant frames per second, not quality, the video quality at 1080p is great but the frames per second on youtube are limited to something like 30 fps which is too low to follow the action at the speed you are moving / turning. Everything up close to the marine just looks like a blur of colors so I can't really figure out what is happening during the critical up close moments where you seem to do a lot of erratic movements and time the swipes perfectly. The video would either need to be 60+ fps (Vimeo allows this) or to be slowed down through a video editor or something.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2014
    You do slow down but you keep most of your momentum. Prior to the change, you came to near walking speed after each ss.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    @co0kie , now i understand all those mine deaths, you play drunk. It looked like the speed is too much for you and you're desperately trying to hold on so you won't fall off!

cheers for the videos, still waiting on awry's pov!
  • co0kieco0kie Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167349Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    joederp wrote: »

You sure? I just tried it and I still seemed to slow way down after a ss.

Thanks cookie for the answers, I'm still not clear on how it all works you did answer some of my questions such as celerity does in fact affect blink speed and to swipe at the marines side instead of running directly into him. As for the upload I meant frames per second, not quality, the video quality at 1080p is great but the frames per second on youtube are limited to something like 30 fps which is too low to follow the action at the speed you are moving / turning. Everything up close to the marine just looks like a blur of colors so I can't really figure out what is happening during the critical up close moments where you seem to do a lot of erratic movements and time the swipes perfectly. The video would either need to be 60+ fps (Vimeo allows this) or to be slowed down through a video editor or something.

Ahh okay I understand now. I'll give Vimeo a try next time :). Ty for the info

Ahh okay. Have you been using it? I haven't really played around with it much
    Ots wrote: »
    @co0kie

cheers for the videos, still waiting on awry's pov!

He reads this thread everyday but doesn't post the video -.-...
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    Shadowstep is nice to have but so many times you don't even get fade upgrades, so when you do, you forget to use it. :)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    You're taking too many shots and this is 1v1.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2014
    Well, if you guys want to see a marine perspective, here's mine from a while ago practicing vs valk.

Since I don't have medpack support I have A2/W1, and I think valk was switching between celerity and carapace, not sure.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Wow Mendasp, I don't understand how you landed so many hits... it looks like you hardly ever snap to target but just wait for the fade to move in to your reticule. Or was it that the fade kept moving between your front two quadrants? Only at the end of the vid did the fade seem to want to get behind you... It's hard to tell though... youtube's 30fps limit. I'll watch it again. Thanks for sharing!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I guess Mendasp is awesome in killing lerks with an LMG. looks like tracking aim