ns2_sws_cube

Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
edited January 2014 in Mapping
Workshop link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218162473
saavwlh.jpg
"Just what is the Alterra up to?"

I did a DM map for the sws mod :) It's inspired by the old cube movies, hope you enjoy it!

FEATURES:
- 4 identical Cubes on 2 levels, all in diffrent colors.
- Various vertical and horizontal ports.
- Meant for Daan's SWS mod.
- Meant to be played DM only.
- 2 Traps, fire trap with 10 dps and a laser trap with 25 dps.
G6v9xmT.jpg

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hopefully we'll get to play that at the map test today :D
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ha! cool looking map, awesome movie aswell.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Good fun on the map, although there were one or two issues, namely, the fire and the lasers have to go :P

I didn't like falling into fire, and trying to avoid the lasers while bouncing around is a bit much. A few other issues that were brought up, having to climb up the walls as a skulk, leaves you prety much open as a sitting duck.

I did find this funny though....

• DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    It forces floorskulking, which is too bad because I like the visuals! I realize filling it up like metro or refinery would ruin the theme, but it would probably benefit from a skeleton of pronounced struts and pillars on the walls to go up/under. Like a crash cage in a car?

And making the traps timed and insta-kill! That'll make them a fun obstacle to avoid, instead of an unavoidable nuisance.

Anyway, it did end up in the promo video for 0.5 seconds. ;)