How to get custom sounds to obey in game volume settings

DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
Al my custom sounds play fine, but ignore the client volume slider. Is there a required setting or naming convention in fmod to get it to work? I was thinking I might need to add a category but can't figure out how to name it. (Right now everything is in Master).

Comments

• DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Adding a category called 'sfx' under master, and putting all the sound effects in that category, seemed to have solved it for me.

(Actually I copied the ns2 fmod project, stripped out everything except the common category and group first just to make sure I had any hidden settings, but maybe that step isn't required.)

Also under 'banks' set the encoding to MP2, shrunk the bank size greatly.

• FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited January 2014
    I dont make sounds or anything like that (I prefer to stick to code), just wanted to say that I like the kind of people who posts the solution they found when they solved their problem.
    Cookies for you! :)

ps: http://xkcd.com/979/
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't think I've ever noticed my sounds not obeying the game volume.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ohhhhhhhh...now that you mention it, I have the same thing happen.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Feha wrote: »
    Lol Good god I've run into this situation too many times. Too true.