Issues with GTX 760 GPU

CFZeroCFZero Houston Join Date: 2014-01-04 Member: 191964Members
I just bought the game, and have sank in about two hours and have thoroughly enjoyed it, love the concept and how the game works and feels. However, the constant frame rate drops are ruining everything. I have a Super Clocked EVGA GTX 760 GPU and an i5 4670k (Not OC'd) with 8 Gigs of ram. I get 60 FPS in menus, however whenever I am standing next 6-8 other players, the framerate dips from 60 to somewhere between 30-45 FPS. A couple of times they have dropped to 20 FPS but that is a rare occurrence. How do I tweak the setting so I atleast get 60 FPS? I have everything on low and resolution at 720p and I still cant get a constant 60 FPS, frame rate moves between 45 - 60 FPS, almost never steady. What gives?

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    ONLY 60 fps in menus? I just got a 770 and the same processor and I'm getting 90 fps on menus and up to 200 in the ready rooms on maxed settings at 1920x1200, gameplay has stayed over 50 at all times with 80-90 being common.

Anyway, point is that a 760 shouldn't be performing that much worse and with the same processor and ram I'm going to say that unless something is malfunctioning it's not hardware. Capping at 60 suggests you have vsync enabled which would keep the framerate in the 30-60 range but then you really shouldn't ever be getting 20 unless something is glitching out.

Try updating drivers, disabling vsync, and check the temperatures on your gpu and cpu while running the game (high temps mean they could be throttling down).
  • flyindutchmenflyindutchmen Philadelphia Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194234Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I have a 760 with no over clocking at all, also running 8GB ram. I have all my settings maxed and run in full HD (1920x1080) and have 70+ FPS even when I lock vertical sync with triple buffering. If I disable v-sync my FPS counter reports higher numbers.

There is likely some sort of misconfiguration, driver issue, or other bad hardware that is unrelated to the GPU you have. Have you tried disabling your overclocked profile(s)?