DXSetup Error

plowman33plowman33 Nebraska Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191828Members Posts: 4
So I just got the game on Steam, and upon launching, I get the error "The program or feature "\??\C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\redist\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

I get the same type of error when I go to the directory and try to run DXSetup myself.

So what's the solution? All I can find in the forums talks about shaders and what not, I don't see anything else about DXSetup errors right off the bat.

Comments

• plowman33plowman33 Nebraska Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191828Members Posts: 4
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game, same issue...
  • plowman33plowman33 Nebraska Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191828Members Posts: 4
    so copying and pasting in new dxsetup.exe and dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll files in from another Steam game directory makes the initial error go away, but now the menu's don't do anything. I can't click the optimize button when the game starts, I can only click Skip. From there, any menu option just takes me to a blank screen. (Not a black screen, it's just the waterfall picture in the background) From there, there is no way back to the main menu and I have to back out and kill the application. This is really stupid. I've never had these kinds of issues with a Steam game before... I attached my dxdiag report if that helps anyone, assuming anyone ever responds...
    solved it by deleting the LUA folders in the two directories (http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2177632#Comment_2177632), re-verifying the Steam installation, and rebooting the PC. Thanks for all the help everyone... :/