Much easier way to get exo (here is how)

AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited December 2013 in Off-Topic
Instead of saving res for a long tedious 20+ minutes for an exo; instead of not contributing to the team by not spending res on welder/shotgun/mines; instead of bitching at your commander to research exos before all the other useful upgrades, here's a much better option for you:

http://mwomercs.com/landingpad

You get exo right away, there's no wait, no p-res required, no team work required, you just kill sh!t all day, and the best part is, when you die you respawn as another brand new exos! and it's FREE to play!

You remove yourself from the ns2 community and we get a team player who's willing to early res dump! Win win for everybody! (make sure you watch the youtube video on their website and you'd see that it's a dream come true for you, I'm not trolling one bit)

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Since exos are one of the worst parts of the game, I have no issue with the current situation.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    *Moved to Off-Topic*
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Mouse wrote: »
    *Moved to Off-Topic*

mouse you've always been a **** to me. How is this offtopic? It's about ns2.

Do not bypass the swear filter. -Talesin
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2013
    Keep it civil. -Talesin
    edited December 2013
    Keep it civil. -Talesin
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    This is in no way related to NS2; it's advertising another game entirely. Quite obviously so, in fact. If anything, it's a snide way of telling people to stop playing NS2 because they choose to play in a manner of which you disapprove. Which is unacceptable on quite a few levels.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited December 2013
    Talesin wrote: »
    This is in no way related to NS2; it's advertising another game entirely. Quite obviously so, in fact. If anything, it's a snide way of telling people to stop playing NS2 because they choose to play in a manner of which you disapprove. Which is unacceptable on quite a few levels.

Although I don't really think this thread is all that necessary, it's quite obviously about ns2. This thread may be many things, but a mechwarrior advertisement is not one of them.

It's incredibly out of place in the off-topic forum, being the only thread here about NS2. Meanwhile we have legit off-topic threads about Battlefield Emblems and pubcrawls remain in General Discussion. If thread quality is an issue - TBH I've seen much much worse threads sit and fester in the ns2 GD forums, so don't exactly know why this is made to be an exception.

Also, if swear filters are bypassable, perhaps resources could be better spent fixing it than nannying the forums.
    Funny how this thread is about exos and res dump and yet it's been moved to off topic. Mouse wouldn't have touched this thread period if it was started by Scatter or one of his BFFs. People like that should have no business being moderators.
    edited December 2013
    Talesin wrote: »

Instead of taking my post literally, perhaps you should go re do high school English, then you'd understand what satire is.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    thanks for the laugh.
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Constructive satire is amusing. Well played OP, well played.

I personally love being an exo, but I totally agree that there can be a real issue with people saving for them, myself included. I totally suck at shot guns and nades and flames aren't that stellar so I usually just buy welders and got 60+ res before I know it. I wish there was a heavy machine gun to fill the space... or maybe if the marines had a robo-lerk.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This was beautiful.
    0ni wrote: »
    I personally love being an exo, but I totally agree that there can be a real issue with people saving for them, myself included. I totally suck at shot guns and nades and flames aren't that stellar so I usually just buy welders and got 60+ res before I know it. I wish there was a heavy machine gun to fill the space... or maybe if the marines had a robo-lerk.

if you suck at aiming then just buy mines, best way to get easy kills and help your team hold grounds / win engagements.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    The real issue is that if the commander chooses to get mines first the field players need to buy them for it to pay off as a tech route. If not then comm may as well have rushed phase gates or upgrades.

If you've got enough of an upper hand to win without, then sure, go ahead and reswhore instead of work with the comm by utilizing early purchasables. But in a balanced game, if you dont actually use the things at your disposal that your comm is giving to you, the aliens will progressively get the upper hand and win - at which point there's no point asking "where are my exos"
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Amb wrote: »
    0ni wrote: »

if you suck at aiming then just buy mines, best way to get easy kills and help your team hold grounds / win engagements.

I'm actually not bad at aiming, just not with the shotty.
    Hence the need for something like the robo-lerk to fill the gap.

Come on who's with me on this?
    Lerk_Concept_Flying_800x1008.jpg