Please remove team auto balance before the game starts.

swansongswansong mk Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188985Members
It is so annoying not being able to join a team because they have just one more player than the other. The restriction on not being able to spawn is enough, there doesn't need to be this massively restrictive process as well. I mean I agree if the other team has like three more players, however one is just stupid.

It always leads to games taking forever to start as you get queues of people wanting to join a certain team and waiting for one person to just go the other side. So along with that, load times and waiting for a frigging commander, it is so unnecessary. I find myself not wanting to play because I know it'll take forever too just get into a game, half the time it's a poorly balanced one where you always join the losing team as they're the one wither quitters.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Server admins can disable it if they want. I had it turned off once and it was a disaster. I prefer to keep it and use the pregame plugin of shine to get some ppl to join the other team just so they don't miss the roundstart.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    swansong wrote: »
    It is so annoying not being able to join a team because they have just one more player than the other. The restriction on not being able to spawn is enough, there doesn't need to be this massively restrictive process as well. I mean I agree if the other team has like three more players, however one is just stupid.

It always leads to games taking forever to start as you get queues of people wanting to join a certain team and waiting for one person to just go the other side. So along with that, load times and waiting for a frigging commander, it is so unnecessary. I find myself not wanting to play because I know it'll take forever too just get into a game, half the time it's a poorly balanced one where you always join the losing team as they're the one wither quitters.

Being 2 players down at the start of a round would then occur often, and probably ruin every game it happens in as the extra 2 players gives 1 team a huge advantage.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    it would be nice if a player go use the command chair and hive while the game hasn't started...
    It would make it more fun to seed a server if I can practice building stuff, etc.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Wow it only takes 3 down flags on the OP to sink a thread? That's kind of dumb...

EDIT: Even though I disagree with this particular thread, wouldn't be hard to sink a thread quickly with 3 people that had valid discussion.
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I understand what you're saying, but maybe try and find another server where people are more willing to play, regardless of side. It's a bit harder to find, but once you find a server like that, you'll find people joining up rather than sitting in the waiting room too long.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It takes five, ghost, and i see five? It can be outweighed by agrees
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    @IronHorse There was three when it initially sunk. Not sure if you can see time of when a flag was applied, but cross-check with my post :p

EDIT: My point is just that if 3 people jumped on a post soon enough and sunk it, it could leave the front page if enough activity was going on and no one balanced it out with agrees.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wait, you are complaining that the game prefers to start with even teams rather than one team with 2 more players than the other?
    15 posts so far, 10 of which are new threads and a total of 165 disagrees.
    You are a special kind of awesome. :)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    14 agree, 168 disagree

that kind of ratio demands respect
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Wow it only takes 3 down flags on the OP to sink a thread? That's kind of dumb....

Actually, the forum mods have the wonderful ability to manually sink threads that don't quite warrant locking, but are unlikely to produce any worthwhile discussion. Normallly this isn't a decision you can make until after there are pages of pointless discussion. However, when you're familiar with the OP's posting history, a decision can be made quite early on :)
  • SiG_SiG_ Singapore Join Date: 2013-12-17 Member: 190211Members
    I think it's far more woeful to have that plugin that forces a team to choose a commander within 45 seconds of the other team doing so. Or that "feature" that starts the game as soon as both teams have a commander, even if there're only 3 marines and 4 aliens and about 11 fellas in the ready room. Seriously?!
  • swansongswansong mk Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188985Members
    edited December 2013
    I guess this elitist community just doesn't want the game to do well or be all that popular. Tbh the same problems with the game keep cropping up and yet no one wants them fixed, there is nothing fun about having that 3D lobby, just make it a 2D menu to select the team. There is nothing fun about having to constantly run in and out of the team you want to join because you're waiting for someone to go alien.

Say I'm waiting for people to load the game, I'm usually one of the first and people can lag behind like 2/3 mins. All that time I'm having to wait for them to come in and go one side, before I can join the team I want to and be able to play with my friends or just what I feel in the mood to play.

It is constantly like this and for what? There are far better ways to balance, like how any other game does it, because this is the first game I've come across that does it this way, it sucks.

But whatever, the game is 100% amazing, nothing to fix here, we'll see how popular it is in the future...

Sound like the fucking Forza 5 community, Thread locked for asking for G27 support, like the most popular wheel where there is no reason not to support it other than Microsoft not allowing Logitech Drivers on their system unlike Sony's console. Or asking to have qualifying or being able to quit before loading up the next race.... no the game is perfect, flame me... Alright I just wont buy a game from you in the future.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    How is it I never have these problems you speak of.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2013

It always leads to games taking forever to start as you get queues of people wanting to join a certain team and waiting for one person to just go the other side. sounds like that is all you do. You're annoyed at other people wanting to join a team so you can join yours... So along with that, load times and waiting for a frigging commander, it is so unnecessary waiting for a commander is unnecessary?. I find myself not wanting to play because I know it'll take forever too just get into a game, half the time it's a poorly balanced one where you always join the losing team as they're the one wither quitters. Thanks, no solution offered. I challenge you to join the imbalanced team and be the commander. Now you can play faster. If the server you're on team stacks, try to unstack it. Try to contact the server admin and let them know its happening and who is doing it. Lastly join another server. Be proactive instead of coming on here and complaining. All you're asking is for a system to fix problems you can fix yourself. The government UWE can't do everything for you nor abolish inconveniences or uncooperative players.

I guess this elitist community just doesn't want the game to do well or be all that popular. Tbh the same problems with the game keep cropping up and yet no one wants them fixed, there is nothing fun about having that 3D lobby, just make it a 2D menu to select the team. so a 2D menu would be more fun?There is nothing fun about having to constantly run in and out of the team you want to join because you're waiting for someone to go alien. sounds like a player problem not a NS2 problem. Vote random.

Say I'm waiting for people to load the game, I'm usually one of the first and people can lag behind like 2/3 mins. All that time I'm having to wait for them to come in and go one side, before I can join the team I want to and be able to play with my friends or just what I feel in the mood to play. I guess only you get to join the team you want. Everyone else has to join up just for you?

It is constantly like this and for what? i rarely encounter these problems at 300+ hours There are far better ways to balance, like how any other game does it which would be? Are you purposely being vague? , because this is the first game I've come across that does it this way, it sucks.

But whatever, the game is 100% amazing, nothing to fix here, we'll see how popular it is in the future...

Sound like the fucking Forza 5 community, Thread locked for asking for G27 support, like the most popular wheel where there is no reason not to support it other than Microsoft not allowing Logitech Drivers on their system unlike Sony's console. Or asking to have qualifying or being able to quit before loading up the next race.... no the game is perfect, flame me... Alright I just wont buy a game from you in the future.

@swansong Learn to accept that not everyone will share your same opinion. Both of your posts you offer no good solution or alternative. Also read above in red
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @swansong instead of complaining on the forums with the entitled attitude you manage to portray, perhaps you could ask the question rather than demanding the game is changed.
    The question you wanted to ask in that post above is this: 'is there any way I can join a team with a console command rather than having to go through the ready room portal?'
    To which the answer is:
    Hit ` to bring down the console (next to number 1). You may need to enable to console in the options menu.
    Type
    j1
    in the console to join Marines or j2 to join aliens.
    To bind these keys you can use the command
    bind F1 j1
    You're welcome.