Friendly collision needs to go

swansongswansong mk Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188985Members
I don't know why but this and TF2 are the only games you can have a great ping and yet everything is still so laggy. Playing as an Onos or Exo is just so annoying having people lag about all around you and get you killed because they're in the frigging way all the time!

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh lol it's you again. Using forums on the phone doesn't show the author's name, but somehow I just knew :D
    Yup it's another disagree!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Onos has almost no structure or player collision.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Swansong thread, move along
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »

As much of a bad thread this is, I still don't like the fact that the Onos can be blocked by any player. So glad when skulks and gorges were removed.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Daxx wrote: »

As much of a bad thread this is, I still don't like the fact that the Onos can be blocked by any player. So glad when skulks and gorges were removed.

With that, I tend to agree. But as with other oddities in NS2, we'll have to resort to "knock-down-proof-nanite-field" all marines enjoy. Strangely enough, it does not work when the ono clumsily stomp the ground, but it does work when he rams you running full speed. The side effect of this nanite-based semi-protection is that the stomp instantly transfer you to a prone position without any visible fall or tumble. No injuries too.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    Daxx wrote: »

which was done around 5 months ago. onos ignores collisions with skulk, gorge and lerk
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Was about to say only think I recall getting blocked from was a fade. However, I feel you on those exo blocks from all the noobs huddled behind you lol.