Successful patch and autumn sale

MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members

I'd like to say, it seems recent two patches are kind of the most successful patches of ns2 so far. There were literally no single patches, which could maintain this many of (new) players.
Especially optimization made me happy. Dunno if it just only worked for me but i even can play ns2 with stable 60-80fps on mostly high setting, while back on builds like 255 or 250, though i had also not that bad fps, i couldn't actually think about playing it on high setting(had always mid-low with ambient occulusion off before).
Congrats :)

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Well, lets say 150000 bought the humble bundle and half of them owned NS2 before.
    The other 75000 are trying out NS2 if the had the time, the will or whatever.
    So we have a constant flow of humble rookies atm.

This is patch independent and should end in a few weeks.

And im sure only a few percent of these players continue playing NS2.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    I agree, last few patches have been pretty awesome :>
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    edited December 2013
    It's quite unfortunate it played out the way it did, but believe these events were the first ever that NS2 was on sale (or even temporarily F2P) while not simultaneously mostly broken due to big, buggy patches. NS2 has never been shown at its best before to new players, only its worse. Not so this time.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the existing community should do their part to welcome our new players into the fold, only then will we retain even more! Which is the Noob ONLY server's goal. But there is no reason why every server couldn't actually be "rookie friendly" for once to but the rookies first before K/D Ratios.