Organic-Infestation

L34DL34D Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63280Members
edited December 2013 in Modding
hi guys,
just released my first mod for Natural Selection 2. Tried to make the infestation look more "organic".

Some screens:
8meo86ox.jpg
st4tx967.jpg
6sonw5x7.jpg

More screens and the download:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205856132&searchtext=

Video:

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Not bad, not bad at all.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I guess this is personal opinion. It isn't too different from regular infestation, and I dont like it because it has a "darker" feel.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    hmm. I dunno. It looks more fluid and that definitely matches the structures aliens use.. But it indeed is a bit dark. Im UN-desisive.
  • L34DL34D Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63280Members
    hmm. I dunno. It looks more fluid and that definitely matches the structures aliens use.. But it indeed is a bit dark. Im UN-desisive.
    coolitic wrote: »
    I guess this is personal opinion. It isn't too different from regular infestation, and I dont like it because it has a "darker" feel.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yeah its a bit darker, true true. Updated the steampage with some new screens and a video, so you can have a better look at it if you can see the enemies in the distance.

I might give it a try to make it a bit brighter or i delete the dark parts of the infestation. But i think in the end this infestation will stick more to an atmospheric thing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    yeah the darker look made it look a bit more atmospheric, but one thing I really don't like about that video is the fact you denied that whip it's kill :P