Patch 262 impressions

KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
Network performance problems seem to be largely addressed, however client performance went to the gutter (about 30fps down, from 130-150 to 90-100 early game with same settings, not good for lightboost at all). Will test some more.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think it's maybe a placebo from a new patch, however, pretty much everything that was precached in 249 is now precached. So other than that, there's nothing that could have changed I don't believe.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    I've noticed bad performance in the last few patches... prob nothing to do with this patch, just a newish bug (bug?).
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yeah, I have to take it back, I have found out that I had accidentally switched off the Lightboost (Turbo 240). So that's where the subjective frustration came from, it's amazing how quickly one becomes so dependent on this feature.

The performance is okay, Eclipse and Biodome being slightly worse, and the network-related early hitches are gone, so I guess congratulations are in order.

Plus I met Obraxis in a live game, I wanted to make a snapshot of him running across the ceiling in Generator, but was too slow, anyway, perfect NS2 tourism session ;-)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Eclipse has like the best performance of any map, how can it be slightly worse ?