Hive Mod Whitelist?

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
I keep getting told that my server will get added to hive but it never happens. The mods I run are:
DAK
Shine
Snowballs
Badges

Why would any of those mods restrict me from hive? There are plenty of other servers on hive that have some admin mods. I am not running any game changing stuff here just admin mods.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Lol, how should they whitelist your server if it doesn't send any datas to hive?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Oh then how am I supposed to get it to send this data?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    You have to modify Playerranking.lua, e.g. all ns2stats enabled server are whitelisted ;) PM me at steam if you want more help.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Out of curiosity, if your running Shine, why run DAK? Cant say there is really anything of value in DAK that isn't in Shine..
    edited December 2013
    xDragon wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, if your running Shine, why run DAK? Cant say there is really anything of value in DAK that isn't in Shine..

Run all the admin mods \o/ :D
    More admin mods=more power! I am just slowly changing over one feature at a time.
    IS there instructions somewhere as to what in that file you are supposed to change?
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    IS there instructions somewhere as to what in that file you are supposed to change?

No, because they don't intended it to be bypassed that way :P Ask Ghoul or run simply install NS2stats (shine version). More servers with ns2stats would be helpful anyway :P
    Sorry that I do understand this but if the hive exists why are we not supposed to join it? Or is its purpose to filter out all servers except for a select few that are going to be the chosen ones to survive some sort of hive matchmaking to kill off the servers that are not in this special club? rofl!?

Thanks for the info though as yes ns2stats is yet another way to make my server more accessible to players. Now that the shine version is well pressed out I will look into installing it.
    edited December 2013
    The reason there is no instruction out there is mostly so not anyone can just enable hive on his server. This would cause alot of troubles.

I think the reason they disable Hive at all modded server is mainly because it would be to much work for them to maintain a modid whitelist. Letting modder whitelist servers is ways more better for uwe because less moded server needed to be checked by this way.

Just so you know your server needs to have at least 50 rounds reported to hive until it will show up at the whitelist. But you'll see a round report in the log if it works.