UWE should convince Torn Banner to add linux support

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
I mean come on, Chivalry and the Deadliest Warrior expansion are amazing, and it makes me sad that I can't play on a native client :(

UWE has to have something good they can say about adding Linux Support!

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Eh? For which game? NS2 runs on Linux.
    Derp.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You know... those guys they had a few sales and shared a booth at PAX with :P
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    You know what they say about leading an ass to water right?

Give it time, Linux will win in the long run it's inevitable, but you're going to have to be patient.
    Maybe it won't be there in time for Chivalry but if there's a sequel it'll be certain.

Also worth pointing out that even NS2 doesn't technically "work" on Linux. I mean sure it launches and everything but your odds on making it through a match without at least one medium sized bug are about 50/50. :p

Patience young padawan, patience. Soon they will all join the light side.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I've had next to no bugs in several month of running on linux.

The only bug was one about mods being out of date (or something). Solved by adding an option to the steam launch :P

If this is a buggy Linux game, I cant wait for it to be fully fixed :D
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    That sounds cool, if anyone could do it, it would be Hugh :P

Offtopic on Offtopic, but man do UWE do a better job of telling people stuff. Patch notes, more than one poor bugger posting on the fourm...

Offtopic on Offtopic on Offtopic, but will Subnautica have linux support?
    From What I've read, they are using Unity for SN, which CAN be on linux, so thats a big I Hope So.