Whip Hive

PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted GorgeRichmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
Dare to dream of a 4th Kharaa tech path? What evolutions, Drifter cloud, and Whip active ability would you suggest?

For me:

Whip Hive - choose a path of siege and offense.

Wyrm - evolution structure.

Demolish - evolution, attacks spread 50% total damage to armor vs. structures, +25% dmg spread to armor per level, max 100% dmg spread to armor (aka destroy armor before damaging HP).
Revenge - evolution, reduces respawn time by 3 seconds per level, max 9 seconds reduction.

*** - Drifter cloud, thinking...

Bombard - active ability, TRes to activate ranged bombard bomb for selected Whip for ability duration, cooldown per Whip.

Comments

• MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    Cory will like this.
  • ShadokoShadoko Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185573Members
    Why not ! But your evolutions are a little bit overpowered I think.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    rewarding a player for dying is a bad mechanic, i'd suggest reworking #2. edit: although it would make forward base xenocides even better...
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013
    I wouldent mind just copying the evolutions from the NS2C whip hive

Focus (slower attacks that do more damage), bombard (Do extra damage to structures) ([Name I cant remember] gain a little HP for every kill)
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    @turtsmcgurt: Yes, I may have to rework Revenge. Who knows what the repercussions of allowing instant respawn/Skulk rushes would do to balance :P

@Nazo: You mean Frenzy? That one could work with some tweaks, like only +25 HP/AP per kill, instead of added all extra damage on the killing blow to HP/AP.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I believe this has been tried or at least come up before.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    PsiWarp wrote: »
    Revenge - evolution, reduces respawn time by 3 seconds per level, max 9 seconds reduction.
    Say goodbye to all your eggs!

How about

Ability #2: Denticle - Aliens skin has shark-like texture, dealing minor abrasive damage to anything the alien rubs against (again, effective mainly for extra damage against structures)

Drifter Cloud: Embyrogenesis (5 res? 10 res?) - AOE that insta-respawns any skulks queued to eggs in the area.
    (just an idea inkeeping with your previous ideas, take it or leave it)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ability 1: Root - alien roots into infestation, enabling bombard ability.
    Ability 2: Grenade whack - tosses back any grenade that lands on khaara bacteria (those worms all aliens have)
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    A lot of the suggestions are overly wordy and require me to think for too long to understand what is going on, sort of like some of the dota 2 abilities with too much text.

Frenzy might be worthwhile in a non-op state.

On a side note; Is there still a reason to disallow multiple upgrades from the same hive type as was featured in the beta at some stage?
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    why not just have whips on the hive....?that'll prevent players axing/welding a hive, also it can beon any/all hive you have so it'll be a hive upgrade
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Don't want too much PvE so perhaps this hive should unlock as a thid hive after 6 biomass has been accumulated. Either that or a fourth hive to help break that boring marine turtle.