Contamination files not matching servers

MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
80% when contamination is used I get kicked off the server with a message saying "your files don't match servers, maybe an update came out". It's persisted for a couple patches now (started when contamination was introduced) and it doesn't seem like others are having it.

So, what should I do? Just go ahead and reinstall the game? If I do that, what files do I need to copy for most of my settings? I think I can find my keybinds...

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    son in your log, there should be a file listed that fails consistency checking.

just hit ~ after you get kicked and it should tell you which file.

Delete that bad boy. Verify your install with steam and off you go.

Turns out the steam verify is not as thorough as one might like and only seems to check if files exist rather than if they match the official ones.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I was kinda hoping steam could do that, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I'll try it.